Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ttc #2 after ectopic

(11 Posts)
mrstothemr Tue 06-Jan-15 12:22:51

Anyone else in this same situation?

Had confirmed ectopic on my ovary & laparoscopic surgery over Christmas, nothing removed (my body had just started to rid itself of the pregnancy). Pretty much finished bleeding now, so just waiting for my first period.

Keen to start again now I don't ache, be nice to hear of anyone else's experiences x

Cadastre Tue 06-Jan-15 13:03:23

Sorry for your loss OP.

I had my right tube removed after a ruptured ectopic January last year. I was advised to wait two full cycles. I conceived again in July last. Unfortunately that was another ectopic and I lost my left tube. So we're left with no choice but IVF.

My first period after the initial bleed was perfectly normal. I think it's because the baby wasn't in my uterus. I was really nervous about trying again but certainly wasn't expecting the outcome I got!!

Best get back on the wagon as soon as you feel up to it. What did the hospital say about trying again?

mrstothemr Tue 06-Jan-15 13:15:15

That's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear you had it twice with those results.

The nurse said to wait until my period as a minimum, and the other advice I had was a more generic wait for two periods. Obviously I'd like to avoid a repeat but it sort of feels like they've not actually done much to me. If I'd have stayed home I think I'd just have thought it was a miscarriage and not have thought to wait before trying again

Cadastre Tue 06-Jan-15 13:18:42

Thanks.

I don't know if there is anything you can do to avoid it again. Perhaps supplementing with fish oil. That was suggested to me. To be on the safe side I would wait the period and then go for it! There's no physical reason to wait.

mrstothemr Tue 06-Jan-15 13:26:56

Thanks Cadastra, it's nice to hear someone say it's ok to just try again soon. I've some fish oil pills I'm already meant to be taking, will get back on that

Good luck with the ivf x

australopithecus Tue 06-Jan-15 13:56:28

I haven't had an ectopic (my DM had one when I was a wee bairn) but I just wanted to say sorry for the awfully bad luck, cadas. Really sad stuff that. Best of luck with ivf!

Cadastre Tue 06-Jan-15 15:08:59

Thanks Ladies! wink

mrstothemr Tue 06-Jan-15 19:10:39

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

Mar1gold Tue 06-Jan-15 21:37:32

hi,

just home after ectopic (1st pg) after 2 years trying. right tube removed, now terrified of losing left one (so sorry to see your story cadastre)
strange thing was we got pregnant immediately after having HSG dye tube test, so chances are tubes blocked before...wpndered if anyone else experienced this? dr suggested that could be the cause of the ectopic (then back tracked!)

probably ivf next.

so much love to all those who have experienced this its awful xx

Cariad2014 Tue 06-Jan-15 23:28:15

Cadastre - sorry to hear your story. All the best with ivf.

Hugs to everyone else on this thread.

Ttc #1 and after a cp in June (I have no idea whether it was ectopic or not), I suffered a ruptured ectopic in my right tube in September and had it removed. My first period after surgery was super heavy but my AFs have returned to normal since. Currently on cycle 2 of ttc post ectopic. Would love a BFP this cycle but I'm also fearful of another ectopic.

I hadn't heard of fish oils being recommended post ectopic but will definitely look into that.

Cariad2014 Tue 06-Jan-15 23:35:14

Mrs - re: how long to wait before ttc again post ectopic, I think 2 months is recommended post surgery to allow your body time to heal and to give you time for the emotional scars to start healing. That having been said, we started ttc after my first AF. I didn't get pregnant that cycle, and to be honest I think physically it took me at least 6 weeks to feel 100% again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now