Talk

Advanced search

Excited but nervous about trying for DC2!

(1 Post)
Allstoppedup Mon 05-Jan-15 16:36:42

DC one was a -- lot-- bit of a shock. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago after an ovarian cyst ruptured.

I was told I was unlikely to have children naturally and hadn't had regular periods for over 4 years (about 1 a year) when I fell pregnant with DS. Apart from this I generally am symptom free, a healthy size and have no other issues usually related with the condition.

DS is now one and is amazing, he is still BF on demand and we do co-sleep. During my pregnancy I had several scans and the Dr advised that there was a significant improvement in the appearence of my ovaries from the beginning later scans. Since having DS I have had 4 periods although they are still fairly irregular!

Last week I had lots of nausea and smell aversion as well as lots of cramping but no period. I have poas but it was negative. I told my DP who said he was disappointed, we weren't actively trying so I was pleased he felt this way and we have now decided to actually give it a go!

I'm now really excited and just bought a bulk pack of tests but am now really scared I won't be able to. I'm still BF my DS who also cosleeps with us (so does feed regularly at night still grin) and don't want to wean him just yet.

I just really wanted to get all my feelings out about this as I don't want to talk to anyone in RL in case it takes a very long time.

Anyone else in similar circumstances?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now