Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Old Wives Tale... Anyone heard of this?

(9 Posts)
jnl0612 Mon 05-Jan-15 00:08:51

We are ttc....earlier I put a picture of my dd on facebook and she was bending down looking through her legs with her head on the floor.
2 people text me to say that's an old wives tale which says they are looking for a brother or sister and I could be pregnant.
I'm 7 days late on my period but have tested 3 times and it's been negative.
I've been pregnant 6 times so know the symptoms (sadly had 4 miscarriages) and don't feel pregnant
Can't help but get my hopes up.
Someone tell me old wives tales are nonsense and I'm being stupid gringringrin

Funkytown Mon 05-Jan-15 00:10:43

yes I've heard this apparently who ever the baby is pointing its bum too ( or looking at through the legs ) is pregnant.

itssangriaoclock Mon 05-Jan-15 22:08:09

We are also ttc dc has also been doing this to me recently. Thought it was just a developmental thing? AF due in a couple of days.

Never heard of this. I'll keep you posted

babyiwantabump Mon 05-Jan-15 22:09:40

Oh my god! My DS has just been doing this!

I bloody hope I'm not pregnant! grin

Choccyhobnob Tue 06-Jan-15 15:27:04

Never heard of this one I have to say! Thought all babies did it!

itssangriaoclock Wed 07-Jan-15 12:54:18

Oh my god, as I said previously my ds does this to me. And I've just got a BFP. maybe there is some truth in the old wives tale

babyiwantabump Thu 08-Jan-15 16:50:14

Eerk to your BFP! (Well congratulations but I hope it's just a coincidence - going to find out the cheapies I have just in case!)

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 08-Jan-15 16:53:00

People texted you to tell you that you might be pregnant because of a photo of your dd? Seriously? hmm

Maybe she was just doing some yoga.

sebsmummy1 Thu 08-Jan-15 16:56:36

I wonder if the superstition came about because by the time the first child had hit a developmental milestone ie. being able to look through their legs, the Mother was often pregnant again (one might assume due to fertility returning post breast feeding).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now