Talk

Advanced search

Clear blue high no peak help

(7 Posts)
Hopeful2014 Sat 03-Jan-15 10:33:23

Hi. Just wondered if anyone can shed some light for me! Have been trying to conceive for over a year now, and I have one child already but with me ex husband. My partner has he's count done and all ok. But docs arnt willing to help me at all cos I have a child. Had an unrelated blood test done as been feeling rubbish and came back with a high LH doc said could be cos of time of month bloods done, poss PCOS Or early menopause and then kinda showed me door and said can't look into pcos as i have a child and therefore would count as fertility help! :-((((
Do don't understand anything about it. Am having another blood test incase it is early menopause but Fsh not raised so hoping it's not that.

Now I have been using her clear blue monitor this month and have had the lows then 6 days of highs and not a peak yet! Am on day 16 and only have a 28-9 day cycle.
I have regular periods and never miss one!! So not typical for PCOS.

Does this mean I didn't ovulate!? Or could it have missed or not picked it up? Or did it just pick up the oestrogen build up?
So confused.....,. Feeling rubbish.

Asked doc about clomid but wouldn't even discuss as would count as fertility help. Thought About buying soy-isoflourines but guess I don't know if I am ovulating??

Anyone with any advice id be grateful.

BumWad Sat 03-Jan-15 10:50:08

It is normal not to get a peak in the first few months of using the monitor

sammylou1 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:19:44

Hi hopeful

Apparently it is normal not to ov a couple if months each year, so even if this is the case don't panic.
Keep going with the monitor, I have had one cycle where I got extra flashy smiley days. What time of day are you testing?

With regard to fertility help could you go private? Gp will refer you if you say your paying, it's just nhs funded that you're not entitled to. Might be worth looking in to, especially if all you need is clomid as that shouldn't be too expensive. X

Hopeful2014 Sat 03-Jan-15 15:43:52

I just can't afford to go private as my daughter had special needs and all my earnings go towards maintaining us. I just couldn't justify the costings of private fertility help.... :-(( feel stuck between a rock and hard place at mo... Whole thing Judt eugh

Hopeful2014 Sat 03-Jan-15 15:44:34

Been told that cos I have no exact diagnosis the private doc would start a fresh and do all the tests so costings would rack up quickly

sammylou1 Sat 03-Jan-15 17:51:04

Oh I see, that's so annoying that they would start completely afresh. Gp should be able to do day 21 blood test to see if you're ovulating. Can you see a different doctor at your surgery?

Things might be ok yet, you might see your peak result tomorrow. Fx for you. Xx

Wormatthebottomofthegarden Sat 03-Jan-15 18:57:07

I never got a peak but still managed to conceive DS2!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now