Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Newbie alert TTC#1

(24 Posts)
spicydaisy Sat 03-Jan-15 01:23:01

Hey everyone, been lurking for a while now so thought I would finally pop in smile

Not really sure how to do the stats thing but came off the pill end of November and been using an app on my phone to try and track things but have been feeling a fair few symptoms tired,grumpy, sore/ itchy (and biggershock) boobs, bloated, constipated, cramping....AF is due on Sunday but got way too excited and tested today with a BFN hmm

So really just wondered if anyone has had these symptoms when stopping the pill.....body feels like it's all over the place

MrsG23 Sat 03-Jan-15 01:26:38

Good morning! smile
Feel your pain exactly! Came off my pill in August and have been all over the place since - I had an initial 35 day cycle and then a 52 day cycle... currently on day 36 with sore and bigger boobs, nausea, bloated and 4 days worth of cramping with nothing happening - but a BFN too! sad

I know it can take a while for your body to regulate itself, but it stresses me that it takes so long haha smile

rachelrawrrr Sat 03-Jan-15 04:02:46

I'm in the same position as you, came off early December, no periods or any bleeding yet but I've got sore boobs, cramping (that was a couple of weeks ago, but no AF!), terrible mood swings and pretty bad nausea and the occasional dizzy spell.. not to mention barely being able to sleep, hence being up at this hour! I've tested BFN too, but I'm still holding out hope! grin

spicydaisy Sat 03-Jan-15 10:10:47

Thanks ladies, it's bloody hard being a woman sometimes wink

I genuinely didn't think I would get obsessed about it but have been reading a fair bit!! I've read that you should wait until AF is due before testing but don't wanna get my hopes up hmm so we'll see......thanks again

rachelrawrrr Mon 05-Jan-15 19:41:16

MrsG, how are things? not spoken in a few days

MrsG23 Mon 05-Jan-15 21:13:55

Rachel.. They've been horrendous. Such extreme cramping yesterday evening, spotting .. Cocodamol, tramadol, tens machine and hot water bottle could not soothe me. I was beyond help. Spent the night watching the room spin because of the tramadol and tried to stop being sick. I didn't sleep at all! Bleeding very light today and in a lot of pain.. sad

rachelrawrrr Mon 05-Jan-15 21:50:55

Oh hun sad thanks
maybe it's time for a trip to the doctors? my thoughts are with you, it sounds like an awful time just now sad xx

MrsG23 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:10:01

I'm just baffled by the whole thing.. I'm usually SO heavy (changing tampons every 2 hours) but I'm nt even messing a pad at the moment, but extreme pain! I've struggled to get control of it! sad
I just feel like I'm over reacting sometimes, like I'm going mad! sad

rachelrawrrr Mon 05-Jan-15 22:52:49

I don't think you're overreacting at all hun, not in the slightest! it's very shitty when your body is all messed up sad have you thought about the doctors? I'm off there tomorrow, gonna ask about coming off the pill and stuff xx

browneyedgirl86 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:53:43

Hi! I'm in the same position too as this will will be my first! Never been on the pill as I'm not allowed to take it so have no experience of that.

Fingers crossed we both get bfps soon!

MrsG23 Tue 06-Jan-15 07:10:44

Thing is with coming off the pill Rachel, is it can literally take months and months - I came off 5 ,on the ago and my body is still a little messed up... Unfortunately they probably won't do an awful lot....?
I'm under the gynae doctors anyway, so just feel like the doctors won't do much? sad

rachelrawrrr Tue 06-Jan-15 11:48:46

that cramping doesn't sound right though sad I know I said I've had a bit of cramping but it sounds like it's been nothing compared to what you're experiencing sad

nervoussam Tue 06-Jan-15 15:45:00

Hi, everyone, I'm in a similar boat. Came off the pill early Nov, withdrawal bleed a few days afterwards but nothing since. Occasional cramping but I put that down to bloating after all the Christmas festivities.
Worried it could take ages to get my periods under control, (or to even appear!) I wish I had come off earlier now as we wanted to get going straight away in the new year. Could kick myself now sad

MrsG23 Tue 06-Jan-15 15:48:54

So.. spotting for a week. Intense extreme pain sunday night (thought my womb was gonna fall out!) and then started bleeding so thought AF was on the way.. but it was only when I wiped and has now stopped. The pain is still quite sore, but not where near as bad as the weekend. Still feeling sick a lot of the time though.

Im usually realllly heavy and do have painful periods. Its just odd!

Rang GP this morning - got me in within the hour to rule out ectopic - which they dont think it is. Bu they did give me a blood test to test HcG. So fingers crossed I get an answer... If my HcG is raised, I have to go back to see if it is falling which would mean miscarriage or raising, which would mean I was pregnant, obviously... Only time will tell.

If im not pregnant, my body hates me and is just driving me mad!? sad

rachelrawrrr Tue 06-Jan-15 16:34:22

I'm really glad you've seen a doctor! fingers crossed you get an answer soon thanks xx

spicydaisy Tue 06-Jan-15 20:37:41

Aww MrsG that sounds horrendous hopefully you get an answer and feel better soon big hugs smilex

MrsG23 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:36:35

I just wanna know either way... A close fiend of mine from school has just announced she is pregnant and I'm a little jealous... Even though I don't want kids just yet, or I thought I didnt??

Gonna get the results of my blood test tomorrow... I want to know now!? So I can get on with my life! Haha x

spicydaisy Tue 06-Jan-15 21:47:53

Yeah I know what you mean!! Haha it's human nature smile keep us posted il keep everything crossed for you xx

rachelrawrrr Tue 06-Jan-15 22:52:43

Fingers crossed there's a good result for you grin

MrsG23 Wed 07-Jan-15 07:29:49

How are you doing spicy? Any news yet?
Just about to head into work now and have a look on the system, at my bloods! Hate the waiting!

MrsG23 Wed 07-Jan-15 08:08:58

Negative blood test... My body just seems to like having long cycles and super short, painful periods. Ok. X

spicydaisy Wed 07-Jan-15 08:37:28

Morning MrsG nothing yet it's torture not really sure if we should still be trying or not but just gonna try relax and just go with the flow (pardon the pun wink)

Do you feel a bit better now you know?

MrsG23 Wed 07-Jan-15 11:54:16

That's the best part of babies - trying for them! :D have fun!
And yes.. I know where I stand now which is nicer smile we can also get back to DTD, hoorah!!! smile x

ExcitedA3 Tue 13-Jan-15 13:52:09

Hi ladies!
I've been reading through different threads for a while now! Thought I'd join in... Me and my DH decided to start TTC in December... I am due on my period on Saturday 17th Jan... I'm so excited to take a test! I have been feeling very emotional recently and keep getting mild pains in the stomach like I'm starting period. I have also noticed a very strange metallic taste in my mouth and my nipples have turned white?!?! Very strange! Has anyone else had similar symptoms?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: