Talk

Advanced search

Which app?

(11 Posts)
Emma321q Fri 02-Jan-15 21:20:39

Hi ladies

Is anyone using an iPhone/ iPad app to help chart their ovulation/ periods?

I am currently using My Days and although this is ok it doesn't allow me to input my actual peak fertility day ( according to cb ovulation kit).

What does everyone recommend?

Thanks

dizzylemon Fri 02-Jan-15 21:31:09

I use glow.

kiltedsheep Fri 02-Jan-15 21:41:57

Hello! I use Clue on my iPhone and I'm a huge fan of its clear, easy-to-use interface (and the fact that it isn't all pink, cutesy and flowery like a load of other apps). Although I can't see a specific option to manually stick in your peak fertility date according to the ovulation kit, what you can do is create a 'tag' in the app's calendar which you can then use to label the peak fertility days. You can then use the calendar to compare the ovulation kit's results with the app's predicted fertile period.

The German developers of Clue are lovely and respond very quickly to all suggestions, so I'll drop them an email about the issue and hopefully they'll incorporate it as a feature in the next update. (I was going to email them anyway to let them know that the app was very helpful in my getting a BFP earlier!)

Augustwedding Fri 02-Jan-15 21:44:37

I used ovia, however is American so some things not relevant/more geared towards American health system but I found it good for tracking.

Cheesymonster Sat 03-Jan-15 11:03:16

I use Pink Pad. Only one I have experience of though.

DizzyNorthernBird Sat 03-Jan-15 13:42:08

I use ovia too, this has the option to input fertility test results and pregnancy tests as well as tracking all other symptoms. It has a reports section which gives you stats for the last few months & shows your average ov day and luteal phase length.

I also use the period tracker free app which I have used to track AF for years. Funnily enough despite this only tracking start and finish dates for AF, it seems to accurately predict fertile period, ov date and AF due date, despite not requiring the amount of data that ovia does. Last month it predicted fertile window several days before ovia did and I had ewcm on those dates. If I'd relied on ovia I would have completely missed the boat!

ammature Sun 04-Jan-15 00:06:51

I love clue also, for all the reasons stated above. Plus I love the icon for sex and particularly the withdrawal one :-)

sykadelic Sun 04-Jan-15 01:37:28

I personally use OvuView. I'm able to track a wide range of symptoms, it gives you a "wheel" with a countdown showing you how many days until you ovulate and your period (based on previous results etc). Give you information on different types of tracking and all that.

I've tried Fertility Friend, Ovia and Glow as well but settled on OvuView because there were parts of all those apps that I wasn't a fan of.

RudeBarbandCustard Sun 04-Jan-15 12:14:48

I use Fertility Friend, but find it a bit clunky. Does the job though.

I'm keen to try Clue because it just looks nice.

SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:36:53

I used Ovia since April and finally got my BFP yesterday smile
It forecasts your fertile periods and AF and was generally spot on for me! HTH

Boosk Sun 04-Jan-15 19:45:29

Hi Emma, I'm using fertility friend and have just got the paid version. You can add all sorts of symptoms and the paid version includes very detailed analysis tools to help with timings. The app also includes useful faqs and tips. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now