Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Implant - how long does it take to conceive after removal

(11 Posts)
hayley0924 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:41:39

Me and my partner have decided it's time for baby number 3. Have a good talk and we are fine for the spec and financially, etc etc, very exciting stuff! I have the implant in at the min, have had it for over a year, and just curious if anyone has had a similar situation and how long it took to conceive once it was removed smile? I know itl be different for each person but very curious.

ProbablyMe Fri 02-Jan-15 14:59:21

I had my implant out at the end of June and conceived 3 1/2 months later. I'm 40 so not bad going!

Vmj23 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:21:33

The first time I had my implant removed I fell pregnant the same month after having it in for about 5 years, this time round having it out it's taking a bit longer think I am currently on 8 months on ttc and still nothing boo! But like you said everyone's different I fell quick the first time now it's taking longer x

loudarts Fri 02-Jan-15 17:23:03

I fell pregnant 5 weeks after having it out

hayley0924 Fri 02-Jan-15 19:26:31

Oo, well my first two I got pregnant the first month of ttc each time so who knows, maybe I won't need to wait long grin!

Flybynight1 Fri 02-Jan-15 21:55:06

I've still got mine in, but one of the things that attracted me to the implant was the fact they say that it's effects are reversed as soon as it's removed, so in theory your cycle is supposed to start as soon as the implant is out, as opposed to the pill or the injection which can apparently take a while for the hormones to leave your system completely.

Obviously depends on the individual though and how your own body reacts.

However following to see what happens in reality!!

sykadelic Sun 04-Jan-15 03:01:26

We haven't started TTC yet but I had the rod out in March. Some people report taking a while for their bodies to get back to normal so I wanted to err on the side of caution.

Specifics:
March 7, 2014 - Rod removed
April 9, 2014 - started testing ovulation (no period yet)
April 29, 2014 - Ovulating
May 12, 2014 - First period since removal

So I don't know if I ovulated that first month, but I know for sure I did in April so I could have gotten pregnant before even having my first period (if we were TTC) so it's important to still take pregnancy tests if you aren't using protection even if you never get a period because it could happen without one!

Hope that helps smile

toothachereturns Sun 04-Jan-15 05:06:55

I had the coil removed in February. Got pg in May and June ( both ended up chemical pgs tho). We had 3 months off to give my body and mind a rest and got my BFP on 9th Dec. I'm now 7 wks pg with dc3smile
And my DH had a vasectomy reversal so the odds were against us anyway!
Good luck and have fun! grin

BlanketOfStars Tue 06-Jan-15 16:05:47

It took us 2 years to conceive our 2nd baby after implant removal. My cycles never regulated- I had about 8 in total. (They'd been regular before hormonal birth control and we had no problems conceiving number 1)
It's not true that the effects are reversed within 3 days of removal. They don't explain it very well when they're dishing out contraception - they're just concerned with preventing an unwanted pregnancy.
There's been no research into the long terms effects. The hormones do leave your body within 3 days but it can take a while for your body to "work-out" what it is supposed to do again and get back into rhythm.
I would recommend having it removed sooner if you are considering TTC and use a barrier method until you're ready to start smile

JessieFaye Tue 06-Jan-15 16:33:33

My 1st took 3 months to the day and I'm off to my docs now to see about having my implant out to star ttc �� wish me luck!

lemon101 Tue 06-Jan-15 18:12:43

Hello!

I'm TTC #1 and it has been 3 and a bit months since I had my implant out and I'm not sure my body is back to 'normal' although normal is tricky to judge when you've been on some form of birth control for 15 years! My periods were out of wack and late for the first few and now they are going more normal, but I guess the BFP will be the thing that reassures me all is ok now. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now