Talk

Advanced search

Very confused...

(12 Posts)
snowberry86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:17:53

I was due a period 2 days ago, had very light spotting, just a bit of blood when going to toilet, no need for tampon or pad. This has carried on and this morning I have bled a little. I assumed this was a very light period (my periods have been all over the place since coming off the pill 9 months ago and I've never had a proper one).

How ever this morning my ovulation test looks positive! I've never got a positive result on one before, and had been very worried I wasn't ovulating at all. How likely is it that this is realy postive given that I have had spotting and seems the totally wrong time (in my very chaotic) cycle?

Picture below- does this look positive to everyone else?

Rockchick1984 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:39:26

Definitely looks positive...

Not to try and get your hopes up but have you done a pregnancy test, as HCG will turn an OPK positive, could have been implantation spotting...

Cariad2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:40:07

Snowberry - I don't want to get your hopes up too much but what you've described sounds like it could be implantation bleeding, and opks can give you false positives when you're pregnant. If there is a chance that you are pregnant (i.e. you dtd at some stage since your last proper period) then I would definitely take a pregnancy test.

KatieHopkinsEvilTwin Fri 02-Jan-15 10:42:03

As above. Ov tests show positive during pregnancy. Good luck.

snowberry86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:49:55

I have done a pregnancy test and it is negative. We have been ddd every 2/3 days for the last 9 months to try make sure we are covered as my cycles are totally unpredictable!

I might buy a first response pregnancy test later to see if I need a more sensitive one.

GlitteryLipgloss Fri 02-Jan-15 11:08:25

Definitely get a more sensitive test, either First Response, or I think the superdrug ones are quite sensitive.

Other than the slight spotting, anything other symptoms?

If negative I would DTD!

snowberry86 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:21:18

Just nipped to boots for a first response!

I've been very emotional last few days buy nothing else really.

Definitely dtd later what ever the result!

snowberry86 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:59:54

Done a first response test and definitely negative. Also passed some more clumpy blood on toilet.

I will wait an hour and then try a different brand ovulation test later as I can't possibly be ovulating and on a period at the same time!

This whole ttc thing is really starting to get me down! So many unknowns and trying to second guess every twinge. I would feel so much better if my body would settle into a cycle so at least I would know when things are happening!

dizzylemon Fri 02-Jan-15 12:10:53

If it helps, I'm having similar concerns!

Had a a positive opk and dtd 10 days ago and i have had one dark spot yesterday and some light brown this morning. Not like my usual flows and about right if the opk is anything to go by. However, I'm on day 46 so it could be a period smile Last test on NYE was BFN which would have been to early anyway.

Darn hormones. Think I am being to hopeful tbh buy guess I can only wait and see. Good luck though, hope you get the result you want!

Cariad2014 Fri 02-Jan-15 12:15:05

Sorry about the BFN Snowberry - such rubbish news. I'm afraid I have no helpful advice, but trying another brand of opk sounds sensible.

If you're still in limbo in a few days time, it might be worth trying another FRER as if the bleeding is implantation there is a chance that you won't have enough hcg in your urine to turn the test positive.

I feel your pain on the ttc front - DH and I have been ttc since last May, and one cp and an ectopic later I know how difficult and frustrating a road it can be, particularly given that I'd assumed (naively) that I'd get upduffed immediately and be holding a baby in my arms come this Spring. sad

snowberry86 Fri 02-Jan-15 12:35:29

I came off the pill in March and have had a whole variety of cycles since then from a perfect 28 day first one to make me feel hopeful, to a 5 day one in the summer and now to a point where I can't even measure them as my periods haven't been heavy enough to actually class as a period!

I've lost 2 stone in weight since stopping the pill and now have a bmi of 17 which may also be affecting my periods.

Being a women is so bloody difficult!

snowberry86 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:07:42

Two more ovulation tests and I'm convinced they are negative now, the second line is definitely fainter than the control line. Will dtd later just incase but seems very unlikely I am ovulating and bleeding at the same time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now