Talk

Advanced search

Looking for advice for a friend

(4 Posts)
Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 18:06:06

my friend (25) and her partner (28) have been trying to conceive for nearly a year now and no luck so far, she has very irregular periods and only had 5 periods in 2014, she can have 2 one month and none for three. She had a bit of pink blood on tissue on christmas day and since then hasn't felt "quite right" feeling a little sick yesterday after food which isn't normal for her. She tested 2 days ago but got a negative with clearblue digital. She has some more tests and wants to test again but isn't sure they will be accurate, nearly a week after IB, can she test now and expect an accurate result? thanks in advance x
PS, this isn't about me, i'm nearly 20weeks pregnant myself just not sure what advice i can give herx

lia66 Thu 01-Jan-15 18:09:43

Test again

Blackout234 Thu 01-Jan-15 18:13:06

Will it be accurate though?

jellypi3 Thu 01-Jan-15 19:55:13

Her result will be more accurate the later it is in her cycle, so yes she should test again. Also she should use her first morning urine to test with. The Clearblue tests aren't the most accurate for early testing, tell her to get a First Response Early Response test.

Oh and good luck to her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now