Talk

Advanced search

RANT ALERT!! am i being selfish i feel like such an idiot

(5 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Mon 29-Dec-14 20:04:24

So I've had 4 miscarriages previously and struggling to conceive even tho the drs have said there'sno obvious cause for it. I Do struggle to be happy for people who tell there pregnant but Ido be happy for them even tho I get annoyed that I'm not. But today my sister told me she was pregnant and Iliterally struggled to string a ssentencetogether and became very agitated and annoyed. And even now iI'msstill struggling to be happy for her, Ifeel like such a bitch she'smy sister i should be delighted to have another niece/nephew but i can't I feel like an eejit cz I'vefailed so many time and been tTTC for so long.

Am I terrible for feeling like this and has anyone else felt like this ???

whattodoowiththeleftoverturkey Mon 29-Dec-14 20:06:52

God, no you're not selfish. Nor an idiot. I'm sure that anyone struggling to become a parent would feel similar.
I hope you have happy news soon flowers

immortalwife Mon 29-Dec-14 20:24:29

You are not selfish and I would have expected you to be a bit floored and upset tbh.

Your sister will surely know your history and understand, I would've thought.

BobsyBoo Mon 29-Dec-14 20:30:56

You're not selfish at all, no wonder you feel the way you do after what you've been through.

I tried for 2 years to conceive my second baby & I've been jealous of all the people who I know who've got pregnant with their second & struggled to feel happy for them!

Good luck.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 29-Dec-14 20:43:25

Thank you its such a terrible feeling I feel ashamed cz I'm not happy but also jealousof her she hhasn't been trying that long and she's only been with her partner 6 months. I've been with mine 3and a half years and been trying for baby no 1 for 2 and a half years. The problem is she never really thought of my miscarriages as a big deal so she doesn't understand y I'm like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now