Talk

Advanced search

Is first bleed after Mirena removal a real period?

(6 Posts)
Lifeisforlivingkatie Mon 29-Dec-14 19:23:43

Just wondered how long it takes for fertility to be restored after Mirena. How long should it take to start ovulating?

fififolle Mon 29-Dec-14 21:08:08

I took mine out at the end of May and conceived in August. Your cycle should return to normal prett quickly. Good luck with TTC.

nousernamesleft Mon 29-Dec-14 21:09:38

Mine came out 28th Feb last year and I got bfp on 2nd April, so straight away.

Cardabelle Tue 30-Dec-14 06:04:02

Hi, I'm in the same boat, had mine out on 16th dec. Had a very light bleed start 2 days later for a week and spotting ever since (now cd13), not nearly as heavy as periods used to be before (but we're talking decades ago). This month (CM etc) hasn't seemed to be following the typical cycles so i don't think I ovulated this time ... Thanks to fififolle and nousernamesleft for reassurance it shouldn't be long tho. Fx all back to full working order for Lifeisforliving and me as quickly as for you!!

MigGril Tue 30-Dec-14 06:55:33

mine came back straight away, first bleed two days after removal. was very heavy period full on flooding (sorry TMI), then I conceived on my next cycle having only one more period before my BFP. Good luck.

Lifeisforlivingkatie Tue 30-Dec-14 08:04:56

Thank you for the positive success stories, hope things get restored for Cardabelle and I. so it seems the first bleed is a period. I had 3 day bleed day after removal. Heavy on day two but normal after that. I forgot just how stressful TTC can be. It took me a few months to conceive DS after depo. periods took a while to get back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now