Talk

Advanced search

Moan, moan, moan

(12 Posts)
TheBiscuitStrikesBack Mon 29-Dec-14 11:14:01

Self indulgent moan, bare with me.

Why the friggety frig is everyone around me getting pregnant at the drop of a hat. My SIL "wasn't trying, have a coil, it just happened", and "ooh, I just came off the pill and BAM, I was pregnant", or maybe even "I've never even had sex, who knew it was so easy...look at me a pregnant virgin".

Maybe not so much the last one but still, when is it my turn?! When will I be pregnant. This sucks, and is shit and is making me so sad and resentful.

I know that no one can say anything, or has any answers but I needed to unload!

Mrsgentle2014 Mon 29-Dec-14 11:38:49

Best place for it thebiscuitstrikesback..
Sending you a hug and, although it doesn't make you feel any better... These things happen when they see supposed to - but I understand how frustrating it can be! sad flowers

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Mon 29-Dec-14 12:40:42

The longing and constant feeling of upset and let down is really taking a toll. I think it's starting to effect my relationship with DH, but he gets upset when I mention maybe stopping trying for a couple of months. It's not fun any longer. Thanks for letting me bend your ear mrs

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 29-Dec-14 12:43:40

It does suck. How long have you been trying for?

Mrsgentle2014 Mon 29-Dec-14 12:51:57

they do say... Easing off the pressure can improve things?
Maybe sit down with your other half and explain that the stress of trying to plan and conceive, you feel, is the reason why it isn't happrning... Then get drunk and in love on some champagne and have a night in bed together - OR take a a weekend away, not thinking about it? Might just be the ticket?
Sending you a lot of wishes and hugs though smile

dizzylemon Mon 29-Dec-14 12:52:06

There's probably many people you know who took longer then you'd think. People just don't talk about it.

I'm fortunate that my Mum has never made a secret that having me took 3 years. And now things are very different and more stuff is known.

Totally the right place for it. I'm on cycle 6 which isn't that many but I do have to wonder how long it'll take smile

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Tue 30-Dec-14 09:22:42

I tell myself I've stopped counting, but I haven't. Too many to want to think about!

Never mind, stiff upper lip, big smile and carry on. Upmost restraint required to not punch anyone who utters the "when will you start a family" question.

Rainy34 Tue 30-Dec-14 09:50:29

I have only been trying for seven months which is not long at all but to me its a life time, especially as our friends started trying a few months before us and now have a baby and two other friends are now pregnant, every month i get myself worked up and stressed about it and i don't think its doing me any good, i really believe that stress is a major factor in why some of us are not getting pregnant, Biscuit you are in the same position a lot of us are in , its just we see more and more people getting pregnant but I'm sure one day soon it will be our turn, hang in there!!

Cheesymonster Tue 30-Dec-14 09:54:46

I could have written your post OP. SIL got pg after DTD three times in the first week of trying. She's now 4 months pg. I must have cried for ten minutes when she announced it. A tad awkward.

I am expecting AF on Friday. Did an early internet cheapie test this morning and it was negative.

Fingers crossed for you flowers

BobsyBoo Tue 30-Dec-14 18:07:09

I had been TTC my second baby for 2 years & everyone who had their first around same time as me has had a second & some even a third. Now people who had their first 18 months - 2 years after me have had or are pregnant with their second including one girl who got pregnant straight after coming off the pill I'd already been trying about 18 months at the point she's due in a couple of months & I never managed to get pregnant so I've given up!

It really is so frustrating why everyone else can get pregnant so easily when you're struggling.

BobsyBoo Tue 30-Dec-14 18:08:07

Meant to say good luck & hope it happens soon for you.

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Tue 30-Dec-14 20:27:05

Hope it happens soon for everyone - who knows 2015 could be our year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now