Talk

Advanced search

Soy twice in one cycle?

(6 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Sun 28-Dec-14 08:47:13

Long story short: took SI CD5-9 & acupuncture on CD9 and no OV yet (currently CD32)

Last cycle I took soy only once between CD70-74 & OVd 5 days later so I know it works, just wondering why it didn't this time. Would it hurt to take another dose?

My charts initially showed a good decline after AF so I was hoping it had steadied my cycles. Now it looks jaggered, possible anovulation?

Yorkshirewifeandmummy Sun 28-Dec-14 10:24:08

Hi toohard, really sorry to hear that. Ihave read that soy can put ov back a week or so for some people, so maybe you could try waiting a few more days and see?

I would personally be cautious about using it twice in one cycle. It has a few different uses, so not sure if it could potentially make your cycle longer.

Would your gp maybe give u clomid instead? Or referral? Sorry, I imagine you've already thought of that anyway if taking soy, but just a thought.

Fc and baby dust to u xx

toohardtothinkofaname Sun 28-Dec-14 15:55:19

Hi Yorkshire wife, thanks for reply.

I'm going to try & relax, wait & see what happens smile

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Sun 28-Dec-14 16:10:35

Hi toohard - waving from previous thread it's been a while! So not having much luck this cycle.. How do you know you've not ovulated this cycle yet?

Update on mine, Acu started my period back, took soy days 1 - 5, according to ff & EWCM I ov'd cd20. I can't get a positive OPK no matter what I do. And I couldn't track my temp because I had flu for weeks. Anyway period came on day 33 for me which was a complete shock, compared to my usual 90 dayers. Plus 13 days is a pretty strong luteal phase. So did soy again day 1-5 & will monitor temps this month. Had LH & FSH repeat tests, because you're supposed to have them during your period. Results due tomorrow, not really sure what they are going to tell me tho? Whether I'm ovulating or not? Or what?

So fingers crossed for this month, time to go again! Haha.

How are you finding acupuncture?

toohardtothinkofaname Sun 28-Dec-14 20:26:34

Hi cantbelieve - I've been taking a break from the buses & tww threads because it was getting too much! Just check in now & again for BFP updates and answer any Q's I can help with smile

My temp had a steady decline since my first acu session so I know it helped with something but since then it's been running mostly in the 96s - no definite rise yet or EWCM so I know it hasn't happened yet (although with xmas holidays I have been drinking & sleeping in so it's hard to tell for certain!). I've had another session of acu and had a lot of creamy cm and warm cramps but again, no OV or AF. Back again on Jan 6th

Did a PT on Friday and will do another in a week but not feeling hopeful (although I did have to throw out my eggs yesterday and my Guiness tastes weird wink

I hope your test results come back with positive news and I'm so pleased your cycles have shrunk by 2/3! you'll have your BFP in no time smile

toohardtothinkofaname Mon 29-Dec-14 16:03:34

must just be something about posting a question on MN that invokes the law of sod; positive OPK and EWCM today! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now