Talk

Advanced search

Ttc... Can I eat cheese and gin!

(8 Posts)
ammature Sat 27-Dec-14 22:01:13

Hi everyone, started ttc this Christmas day. I'm now sat in front of cheese board tucking into my second g&t. DH has just asked is this wize and I'm wondering same. My dr said not to change anything until I know I'm preg... What do you think?

dizzylemon Sat 27-Dec-14 22:19:31

I agree with your doctor.

I am just taking extra vits.

Marshpillow Sat 27-Dec-14 22:23:01

Go for it, doing/eating/drinking stuff you like can chill you out and help with conception, so I've read (cannot remember where though, sorry). Also plenty of people drink alcohol before realising they're pregnant, myself included.

LostyTheSnowman Sat 27-Dec-14 22:25:38

OMG yes, live your life, have your fun, take folic acid but otherwise just get on with it! Your doctor is very wise and your DH is quite possibly going to get very bored or irritating if this early on he is asking if you think things are wise! <Losty, mother of three and a dedicated gin and cheese aholic>

Theorientcalf Sat 27-Dec-14 22:37:43

TTC could well be a long process (equally it may not be). Don't put your life on hold.

ammature Sat 27-Dec-14 22:39:10

Losty don't worry he is fab and is making the gins I guess we are both new to this and a bit excited. I shall carry on now with my Brie! Thanks

LostyTheSnowman Sat 27-Dec-14 22:43:11

Good! Get him to send me one please wink grin

Also good luck, it's an adventure for sure!

wonkylegs Sun 28-Dec-14 08:28:26

Your Dr is sensible TTC can be a long process (took us 2yrs) and you can't put everything on hold it will make you anxious which doesn't help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now