Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue dual hormone ovulation test weirdness

(5 Posts)
KokoLoko Sat 27-Dec-14 20:21:34

Hi everyone,

Looking for any advice on this one and to see if anyone has had any experience of this.

From CD17-21 I had a flashing smiley on my CB dual hormone digital ovulation kit, meaning high fertility. Unfortunately I ran out of test strips and we went away so I wasn't able to test any further. In previous months I've had 2 days of flashing then a solid, peak fertility, smiley.

I started testing again on CD29 and got a negative but from CD30 until today CD34, I'm getting flashing smileys again.

I've done a hpt, which was BFN. My cycles range from 32 to 76(!) days so I may be due on or nowhere near.

Anyone any idea what this could mean??
Thanks!

KokoLoko Tue 30-Dec-14 16:09:05

Now on 8 days of flashing smileys, CD37. Anyone else had this??

mountaingirl01 Tue 30-Dec-14 21:12:07

Yes! I also have long cycles and have in the past cycle had 3 flashing days then nothing then a week later I had 8 flashing days before finally peaking and temp rise. I think my body tries to ovulate but doesn't quite make it so tries again. This is a weird cycle as I am post mc but in all others it has been the same. I think that's why my cycles can be so long, because my body is trying trying and then finally getting there. It's really annoying as the wait is agony and the sticks are expensive, but really proves their worth. Keep doing the bd and you'll get there!

mountaingirl01 Tue 30-Dec-14 21:15:10

PS I would recommend temping alongside the sticks then as soon as you start flashing get have sex till your temp rises and only use the sticks every other day to see if still flashing? I find this less annoying as it feels a little less like literally peeing on money, and a temp rise is the only way to confirm ovulation anyway

Tweej Wed 31-Dec-14 13:20:13

This was my first month using opks, 4 flashys before solid appeared. So annoying but apparently very common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now