Talk

Advanced search

Help and advice needed. Positive pregnancy test 4 weeks after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Mummytogoldie Sat 27-Dec-14 19:04:04

I had a miscarriage just under 4 weeks ago. I bled for a week after. Been waiting for period and decided to do test, and got a strong positive. When I started to miscarry the urune test at the hospital showed negative and bloods went down from 19 to 4 48 hours later. Does this mean I am pregnant again?

CalicoBlue Sun 28-Dec-14 13:25:52

I am sorry about your ms.

When I had mine (3) I showed positive for at least a month afterwards. Not sure why the test at the hospital was negative as it does take a while for the hormones to reduce and our bodies to realise that we are no longer pregnant.

Though you could be pregnant. Take care of yourself, look out for the other signs and do a test again in another week.

ILovePud Sun 28-Dec-14 16:35:05

Sorry that you miscarried last month, I don't know whether you could still have a strong positive 4 weeks afterwards. I conceived the month after a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, fingers crossed this has happened for you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now