Talk

Advanced search

TTC#1 but doctor told me I'm too fat! Have I proved him wrong??

(10 Posts)
NervousNicky76 Sat 27-Dec-14 14:47:25

Hi all, I'm new to the site and would like your opinions. My doctor told me I'm too fat to conceive, but I did a test this afternoon and I think (maybe??) there's a faint positive? What do you all think?

NervousNicky76 Sat 27-Dec-14 14:57:59

??

MissBattleaxe Sat 27-Dec-14 15:00:20

yes, that is a faint line. But test again in a few days time just to be sure.

NervousNicky76 Sat 27-Dec-14 15:08:20

I have tested early as my period isn't due for 3 or 4 days so I'll test again on the day it's due (unless of course it makes an unwelcome appearance!

naty1 Sun 28-Dec-14 15:54:17

I dont think theres a too fat to conceive. It can just reduce chances, probably in some people.
Certainly ivf they want bmi under 30 as their stats show its less successful.
Also it is something you can potentially do something about so its an easy first suggestion. And costs them nothing
Good luck

NervousNicky76 Sun 28-Dec-14 21:01:34

I wasn't even considering IVF though, I only stopped my contraceptive in September and so I wasn't worried. The appointment wasn't even anything to do with trying to conceive he just happened to ask if we were considering starting a family.
Anyway, thankyou for your response and the good luck wishes

spamanderson Mon 29-Dec-14 11:01:20

That's definitely a faint positive smile I was overweight when I conceived our first 2 children and we're now TTC #3, I'm now classed as obese sad
Congratulations!!

beclou94 Mon 29-Dec-14 15:48:24

I'd say that's a faint bfp! smile

NervousNicky76 Tue 30-Dec-14 11:35:07

It certainly was a BFP!!

dizzylemon Tue 30-Dec-14 18:20:32

Congratulations!

(Sometimes good to prove the dr wrong! I hate how bmi is used and seen perfectly healthy ladies with lots of muscle tone be classed as overweight!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now