Talk

Advanced search

Short luteal phase. Did it affect you conceiving?

(14 Posts)
spamanderson Thu 25-Dec-14 20:09:33

I never heard of LP until we started ttcing #3 so had no idea what mine were. My cycles are normally 29 days and ov on cd19/20 so have at most a 10 day luteal phase, my last cycle was 25 days and ov on cd20 so only a 5 day LP. I've been reading that those with less than 12 days can have problems conceiving. I don't know if my cycle as always been this way as I never charted, tested etc before when I conceived dd1 and dd2 so now I'm worrying it's changed since having them and will now have problems getting pregnant again. Anyone else worrying about this or have this and still conceived easily?

Beansprout30 Thu 25-Dec-14 20:57:15

We are TTC #1 and I have short lp, usually 9/10 days. I've started taking b50 complex vits and last cycle my lp extended to 13 which was great, apart from AF obviously being late raising my hopes of bfp! We are going into cycle six now so not sure what is delaying things, perhaps lp

morechildrenplease Thu 25-Dec-14 20:59:31

Less than 10 days for me. Took me 3 months with each DC. I was concerned but didn't seem to cause a problem.

HolyDrinker Thu 25-Dec-14 21:09:07

I had a short LP (10 days) when I conceived DD, as I still BFing DS. Took three months and I was convinced it wouldn't work! Good luck.

doobeedee Thu 25-Dec-14 21:30:52

Yes I did. Mine could go as short as 7 days and my longest ever was 10. I took all vitamins and did all the home remedies I could Google but in the end it took a round of Clomid.

spamanderson Thu 25-Dec-14 22:33:20

Thanks ladies smile DH had a vasectomy reversal and not had tests done to confirm success yet we've started the ttcing on the assumption all is fine, but now I can't help but worry that maybe there'll be something 'wrong' with me now :/ knowing of others with short LP makes me feel better though smile I expect the chances are my LP has always been short and previous dd's didn't take too much effort smile I'm hoping my cycle is back to normal length again this month to give me a 9/10 day LP smile
X

Yorkshirewifeandmummy Sat 27-Dec-14 13:09:11

Hi spamanderson. I've had problems with my lp, took 7 months to conceive ds1, 12 months to conceiveds2. After trouble ttc #3, I read about soy isoflavones. It's apparently nature's clomid. So, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. It's supposed to lengthen lp and improve egg quality. You take in same way as clomid (days 3-7 or 5-9 in your cycle). I opted for 100mg on 3-7. It was my first go this month, I got my bfp this morning at 13dpo! Docs had refused to prescribe clomid when ttc ds2 (as I already had one child). I just tried this out of desperation, and am gobsmacked that it's worked!

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but thought I would mention it as u sound to have a similar issue to me. Good luck and baby dust to u xx

Beansprout30 Sat 27-Dec-14 19:12:25

Hi Yorkshire, am thinking of trying soy if this month doesn't produce a bfp, how long are your cycles?

Yorkshirewifeandmummy Sun 28-Dec-14 02:00:27

Hi beansprout. My cycle before soy was 24 days, ov around cd 18. After taking soy on 3-7, I ov'd on cd 15 this month. I started with implantation bleeding at 11dpo, bfp at 13 dpo, so not sure what it would have extended my full cycle to. Guessing 28 days or so tho.

Good luck if u do decide to go ahead with it. Fc and baby dust to you x

Beansprout30 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:24:55

Thanks for the info Yorkshire, congratulations btw!! Have been reading the soy thread and think I wil give it a go! Wishing you a h&h pregnancy!

spamanderson Mon 29-Dec-14 14:03:46

Thanks for replies everyone smile so far my LP has been 6 days this cycle (Im now 7dpo and no AF as yet smile
bumped for Laura smile

naty1 Mon 29-Dec-14 21:54:13

I had short lp caused by pcos and hypothyroidism.
Pcos is probably unlikely as you have 2 DC.
You could get thyroid (tsh) checked maybe.

spamanderson Wed 31-Dec-14 21:10:25

Thank you everyone smile cycle so far this month is 27 days, and currently 9dpo. Think AF will arrive in the morning though even though I've had tonnes of preggy symptoms sad I've just ordered the soy with my tesco delivery so am going to give it a go smile was really hoping that by some miracle we'd fall super fast this time sad
Happy new year all smile

spamanderson Sun 04-Jan-15 17:12:36

Thank you everyone who gave advice, just wanted to update that I got my BFP on New Year's Day at 10DPO, the day before AF was due :D we're so massively lucky to have conceived on cycle 1, against the odds really as DH was only operated on 2 weeks before we started TTC-ing :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now