Talk

Advanced search

conceiving after having an implant :)

(4 Posts)
yetwig Sun 21-Dec-14 19:07:37

Im 36 and already have a 17 year old son, I'm thinking about having another baby next year. I have at the moment a implant, I have been using this from of birth control for the past 11 years without any problems, before that I was using depo.

My question is should this be a problem once I have the implant removed with my getting pregnant? And how long does it take to get your periods back once removed smile

Thanks x

Boobear1983 Sun 21-Dec-14 19:43:46

I had mine removed in august, prior to that i was on depo and had no periods for 3 years. Had my first period after 6 weeks, horrendously heavy and lasted for over a week. Then two normal periods, 30 day cycles just like i had prior to the implant. I'm now on cd 42 so either I'm pg or my cycle has gone funny! I got told it can take up to 18 months for fertility to return to normal after depo, less for the implant. Hope that helps

Vmj23 Sun 21-Dec-14 20:13:18

Hi av had the implant in twice I had mine took out and within 5 weeks found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I had it put back in straight after birth she's 3 now and I had it took out in May but no luck just yet I think it just depends I got pregnant quick the first time having it removed now it's taking it's time a bit so I think it can leave your system straight away smile x

GoldfishSpy Sun 21-Dec-14 20:15:53

Had mine taken out in September.
In November, got pregnant.

I'm 39

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now