Talk

Advanced search

Advice on BFP

(11 Posts)
Jenjenwoo Thu 18-Dec-14 00:25:17

Hi everyone,

Just looking for advice really.
I got my BFP today at 18dpo with a frer but I did a internet cheapy at the same time which was negative - is this something to worry about ? I had a miscarriage in September but can't remember what dpo I tested or with which tests first.

Thanks x

MagpieCursedTea Thu 18-Dec-14 00:37:44

False negatives are much more common than false positives. I also think it's easier to do the internet cheapies incorrectly.
I'd say you're pregnant (congratulations!thanks) but do a test again in the morning to be sure, try a digital, they're pretty accurate and impossible to misinterpret.

Purplelilly Thu 18-Dec-14 01:30:22

Have you checked what sensitivity each of the tests are? Perhaps the internet cheapie isn't as sensitive as the frer and so won't show a positive until a bit later in the pregnancy.

As Maggie said, false positives are quite rare. I'd test again in the morning to be sure though just for peace of mind.

Fingers crossed for you smile

Rikalaily Thu 18-Dec-14 08:07:45

The internet cheapies claim to be 10miu in most cases but I know from my own experiences that they are nowhere close to that. I had two miscarriages this year and both times the IC tests were coming up negative way before the clearblue +(20-25miu), First response (12.5miu) and Morrisons tests (15miu).

During this pregnancy the IC have been quite faint lines while I've been getting very strong lines on every other test including a 3+ on a CB digi.

Don't panic about the IC's, I don't trust them at all anymore, they used to be really good but the quality is obviously a lot lower these days. First response are brill, as are Answer brand (basically a first response, made by same people just don't get a line which is quite as dark but a lot cheaper). If you want brill value with a decent for a cheapy line then Home Bargains tests are good, the strip tests are three for 99p and the ones in a plastic case come in two packs. I've had good lines on both.

Congratulations!

MagpieCursedTea Thu 18-Dec-14 19:55:56

Any update OP? Hope it was good news!

Jenjenwoo Fri 19-Dec-14 18:11:13

Hi,

I have just done another free test and it's a defo positive, slightly stronger line than my first one at 18dpo , I also took another internet cheapie test and if I squint I think I can see something - it's just so puzzling as with my previous pregnancy I got a strong positive on a different batch of internet tests, I'm wondering if I've got a dud batch.
My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage so im trying not to get to excited as I am cramping a little bit and that's his my miscarriage started.

Thanks for all the answer xx

Jenjenwoo Fri 19-Dec-14 18:12:26

Sorry meant frer test not free ! Xx

SunbathingCat Fri 19-Dec-14 18:14:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunbathingCat Fri 19-Dec-14 18:19:20

Jenjenwoo Fri 19-Dec-14 19:26:04

Thank you SunbathingCat.

My frer and IC tests look exactly like yours in the pic so it's reassuring to know you are 15 weeks along. I'm defo gonna ditch the IC and stick with frer tests. I've promised myself I won't test again until after Xmas , I got a little test crazy with last pregnancy. All best for your healthy & happy pregnancy xx

SunbathingCat Fri 19-Dec-14 20:03:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now