Talk

Advanced search

Best pregnancy test to use

(8 Posts)
HappierThanEverBefore Wed 17-Dec-14 23:41:23

Any advice on what test to buy?

I've bought a clear blue before along with supermarket ones. Is one particular one better?

Thanks

SoonToBeSix Wed 17-Dec-14 23:44:23

Poundland cheap and early result.

crispiecrunchie Thu 18-Dec-14 08:00:34

I have found the superdrug own brand give an early result and seem to have plenty dye so easy to read. Boots and morisons own brand less so. Although I think lots are the same test in different packaging aslook identical. First response always gets recommended in mn but I haven't tried as more expensive and at that price I prefer clear blue with weeks indicator!

Dontforgetyourbrolly Thu 18-Dec-14 08:05:12

Super drug came up negative for me. First Response positive. BFp currently terrorising the Christmas tree...........

Rikalaily Thu 18-Dec-14 08:11:42

Answer brand are half the price of First response but are the same test! They have slightly *very slightly) less dye in them but they give you a line faster. They are identical apart from FR have First response on them and Answer have a circle pattern. Made by same company, not sure why the Answer (which says gives result in 1 min) are so much cheaper because they are the same thing [hmmm]

LoopyLa Thu 18-Dec-14 19:22:28

I second Superdrug tests, they gave me a clear bfp smile

LoopyLa Thu 18-Dec-14 19:23:45

Don't get Tesco ones, I find them very slow to respond even when a few weeks past AF due date (when I was pregnant with dc#1).

QueenofKelsingra Fri 19-Dec-14 08:26:26

I was PG with twins (so hormone level was crazy high) and clearblue still came up negative. got a first response and the BFP came up before I'd finished peeing! this was about 3 days before AF due.

with DC1 FR gave my BFP 5 days before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now