Talk

Advanced search

So Confused...possible ectopic ?

(5 Posts)
kbbeanie Wed 17-Dec-14 02:04:54

I really dont know if im reading into things too much and i feel really stupid but im also worried that something isnt right !?

My last period was approx 11th nov....it wasnt a normal period by any means more spotting of dark blood and extremely light but i marked it as a period. I was doing opks and i got one positive about 2 weeks after that then they faded again but now the past 7 days they have been positive again! Ive taken a hpt and its negative..(gonna try a different brand in the morning)
Today ive been having lower right abdominal and back pain and i now have a pain under my ribs on the right hand side and my shoulder ? The pain isnt severe its more uncomfortable twinges atm the back pain is pretty sure but im aware of the pains being there all the time

Is it possible that this could be an ectopic even with the negative hpts..
I really couldnt be too sure on my dates so as to work out how many weeks i am ! I also seem to have an issue with my throat atm have lost.my voice but no sore throat or anything and thats making me think am i stupid going to the doctor suspecting an ectopic and it turning out its something to do with my throat/chest
I also have diagnosed endometriosis so this would put me at a higher risk of an ectopic i believe and i had pelvic surgery done around 10 months ago

Any help or thoughts appreciated. Im lying awake not sure what to think and dont want to go rushing into the doctors wasting their time when theres no confirmation that im even pregnant !

JessieMcJessie Wed 17-Dec-14 04:39:12

I doubt very much a doctor would think you were wasting their time given that you have a diagnosed condition that puts you at risk of an ectopic. They are very serious and it's right to be cautious. You should go to the doc.

dizzylemon Wed 17-Dec-14 10:55:27

If it's any help, I experienced under rib pain when I had a large cyst and I know others who have also. Please go to a doctor, you definitely won't be wasting their time.

avarose1986 Wed 17-Dec-14 21:14:06

Hello I had an ectopic pregnancy and tested positive on HPT but I got pains in my shoulder (which is a classic symptom of ectopic pregnancy) and also stabbing pains in my abdomen. I'd say if you do think you are pregnant then do not leave it. If it's ectopic you can cause more damage the longer it goes on because you can rupture a Fallopian tube. I was lucky (not really because I lost my baby) in a way because I miscarried naturally early on before any damage could be done. But you don't want to cause any damage to having babies in the future by ignoring this now. Hope this helps xx

bluewisteria Wed 17-Dec-14 21:27:48

You should go straight to A&E for bloods and a scan. If it is ectopic it can become dangerous quite quickly. You really are not wasting anyone's time at the hospital, with that sort of pain and confusion of dates not being clear you should go straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now