Talk

Advanced search

Pill 3days late, what are the chances of pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
Beachmummy3 Tue 16-Dec-14 19:46:04

I had the implant until it ran out last month for protection. I was also on the combined pill to regulate my periods which the implant had made permanent in my life. I often missed the odd pill but it didn't matter as it was only for regulating my bleeds.
I didn't want implant replaced as I don't like thinking I'm on a double dose of hormones. Didn't want coil as had bad experience before (removed under general anaesthetic) so just carried on with the pill.

I took the pill perfectly last month. Came off for me pill free week, but forgot my first pills of the new pack, not sure if I missed 2 or 3 pills. Am back on them now. Had unprotected sex before and during pill free & missed pill days.
Have been googling... I'm thinking chances of ovulating in those 2 or 3 days is incredibly slim, even then, now I'm back on the pill I think my womb lining would be too thin for an egg to implant anyway?
I'm on rigevidon (used to be called microgynon I think).
It says take emc & use condom for 7 days, but from what I've researched i don't see how missing 2 or 3 days could make me pregnant anyway?

(It wouldn't be the end of the world of I was, the more ive researched the more I feel it could be a good thing if I was anyway)

Any experiences please?

bonzo77 Tue 16-Dec-14 19:51:19

The most risky time to miss a pill is in the first week of the packet. You need to take a pregnancy test.

If you are not pregnant you need to sort some contraception that you can use reliably.

Beachmummy3 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:02:08

Thanks. That's what some places seemed to say, just reading that the pill does 3 things etc, I don't fully understand it all..
Today I downloaded a periods app to my phone, I can/ have added notes on it like Dtd and when I start the pill/stop for pill free week etc onto a calender, from now on I'll have that to refer to. :-)
We already have 3 dc's & I work nights, so my routine & being busy and easily distracted doesn't help... If this app doesn't help me I'll have to go back to using implant & pill together sad

Beachmummy3 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:05:08

I took a pregnancy test today knowing it would be negative, would be too soon to test anyway- withdrawal bleed was last week, back on the pill yesterday & today.
Feel a pressure right at bottom of my abdomen & feel sick- could that be ovulation? I believe the pill also gives these symptoms.

Beachmummy3 Tue 16-Dec-14 21:05:00

Bump

Beachmummy3 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:15:14

Bump

bonzo77 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:18:02

Could be ovulation, yes.
Do another pregnancy test in one week.
You should be using extra precautions ie condoms for 7 days after you restart the pill as you have had longer than 7 days break. There is still a risk of pregnancy.

Beachmummy3 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:11:38

Thanks. Last night the feeling turned like period pains, this morning I've realised it's probably constipation pain blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now