Talk

Advanced search

Where's AF?

(31 Posts)
peggysue82 Sun 14-Dec-14 14:25:02

Been TTC for a couple of months now. AF is currently 3days late (normally like clockwork!) but have tested yesterday and this morning and both BFNs. Been feeling like AF is gonna arrive but still no sign. What are the chances that the test is wrong?? Has anyone else ever had the same and gone on to get a BFP??

lindsaybobs Sun 14-Dec-14 15:11:29

IM going through the same thing peggysue. I'm 6 days late but getting BFNs. I'm also usually like clockwork and it's driving me nuts! I've heard some people do just get late BFPs but it's also possible neither if us ovulated. Big hugs and loads of luck x

peggysue82 Sun 14-Dec-14 16:55:40

Its so frustrating isn't it....like its just teasing us! Is it very common to just not ovulate some months then?

sammylou1 Sun 14-Dec-14 18:38:34

Af was 2 weeks late for me 2 cycles ago... I'm usually very regular so was very confused. Some ladies on another thread told me that it's normal not to ovulate roughly 2 cycles a year. Hope this helps smile. X

peggysue82 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:13:01

Ok thanks that's really useful to know. It's so hard to not get hopeful that it's gonna be a BFP...but with a -ve staring back at you I have to keep myself realistic. hmm Gutted tho as we are only going to have one more cycle now before we have to 'take a break' from TTC as i really don't want have another at the same time of year as my other two dc's if I can help it. Two birthdays in the couple of months before Xmas is already enough to deal with. It's so hard to stay patient with it all. X

lindsaybobs Sun 14-Dec-14 20:37:41

It sure is! We've been TTC for 4 years for our first. I'm staying hopeful but realistic smile xx

peggysue82 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:42:58

Aw that must be so hard...will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep hopeful tho...my (very) younger half sister was conceived after 10 years of trying completely naturally so it does happen. I keep telling myself that it'll happen when the time is right.

Me624 Mon 15-Dec-14 22:34:38

I'm in the same boat at the moment, cycles since I came off the pill have been 28-30 days, got bfn on Saturday (day 29) and no sign if AF yet (day 32). Haven't POAS again yet as I expect it's just a long cycle and I don't want the disappointment of another bfn. I have been using opks and I know I ovulated on day 13, so it should have been showing by sat if it was going to be a bfp this month :-(

peggysue82 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:55:11

Well I'm normally bang on 28 days but AF showed up yesterday. Tbh I totally felt like it was on its way...but it's hard not to still hope. Fingers crossed for you when you do poas. Xxx

LolaGrace1224 Tue 16-Dec-14 22:53:33

Hey guys I'm in the same boat as well, it's driving me insane!! AF was due on Sunday which would be day 38 of my cycle, so I'm now on day 40 nearly 41. My af's have been pretty irregular these past few months ranging from 28-38 days so I'm not getting my hopes up too much for a BFP, but I'm now two days late if I go from my longest cycle and have no AF like symptoms at all!

I took a HPT on Monday evening and got a BFN, so don't know if that was too early to test? Symptom wise though, feeling soo tired and hungry, like literally all i do is eat all day! Ridiculously thirsty, bloated (feel like a whale!) and very slight twinges in the left side of my abdomen, these only come and go however. I don't know how long to leave it before doing another test any suggestions? I hate waiting but don't want the disappointment of another BFN :/

Me624 Wed 17-Dec-14 10:56:50

Hi Lola it's so frustrating isn't it. I'm now on day 33 and still no sign of af, but I haven't taken another test yet - I think I'm going to try and wait until Saturday which would be day 36, as that's the longest cycle I've ever had (but it was my first one coming off the pill and every one since then has been 28-30 so I thought it was just an anomaly).

I don't have any symptoms at all of af or pg! I never really do get af symptoms though so who knows. I'm not holding out much hope, pretty sure this is just a long cycle. Just got to play the waiting game. It must be really frustrating for you to have such long cycles.

LolaGrace1224 Wed 17-Dec-14 16:25:45

Hey Me624, yeah it's a nightmare!! It's nice to know someone is going through the same thing (even though it sucks for both of us!) Good luck to you! The waiting is the worst, I haven't really got many symptoms either tbh, I think because I'm just waiting for AF to arrive most of them are probably psychosomatic! Fingers crossed for us both that we get some kind of answer soon!

avarose1986 Wed 17-Dec-14 21:09:47

Hey hunni

I was 5 days late when I took my PT and I only had a very very faint line. May be too early yet, maybe hang on a few days.
Good luck xx

LolaGrace1224 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:15:43

Oh really?! That's reassuring to hear, especially when i keep reading how everyone got a BFP on the day AF was due! I'm now about 4 days late, so am thinking will do one Friday to check that'll be 5/6 days then.

So fingers crossed smile x

LolaGrace1224 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:16:11

Did you have any symptoms along with being late??

Me624 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:10:51

Still no af for me, cd35 today. DH is desperate for me to test again but I'm insisting on waiting until Saturday. I still haven't had any symptoms apart from some very slight cramps on Tuesday night but tbh I think they were stomach related more than in the womb area! Keeping fingers crossed for you too Lola

Boobear1983 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:18:01

I'm in the same boat too, AF was due on the 10th, cd30, i'm now cd39 and nothing. BFN on cd34 and I've been too scared to test again. No symptoms for me here yet, pg or AF!

LolaGrace1224 Thu 18-Dec-14 18:09:33

It's so nice to know someone is going through the same thing as me!! Me624 I have the same, no symptoms really apart from very very slight cramps! I'm on CD 42 now, 43 tomorrow, my OH wants me to test tomorrow but I really don't want to be disappointed by another BFN so not sure if I wil or not! Boobear1983 I know how you feel, I've not really had AF or PG symptoms it feels like my body is just trying to play a cruel trick on me! Good luck to you!! x

Me624 Thu 18-Dec-14 21:14:09

DH wore me down and I agreed to do another test tonight. Bfn. This is so irritating!!! Wish AF would just hurry up and come so I can start a new cycle instead of this stupid stupid long one.

LolaGrace1224 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:14:59

Me624 that sucks sorry to hear it sad I feel your pain!
I'm retesting tomorrow, expecting a BFN though :/

Boobear1983 Fri 19-Dec-14 02:20:27

I'm trying to hold out til after the weekend then I'll test again. I'd rather AF just came instead of giving me a glimmer of hope! X

Purplelilly Fri 19-Dec-14 03:06:37

I had this last month. AF arrived on cd41 (my cycles are usually 29-31).

I actually think it did me good and changed my perspective on ttc a bit. I tested most days (sometimes multiple times) and by the end of that long cycle I stopped getting a strong emotional reaction to negative tests. I feel a lot more 'matter of fact' about them now. Even though the pressure is on for me, with this being my last month ttc, I feel more relaxed about it this month. What will be will be smile

I really hope all of you who haven't ovulated this month or are having a long cycle move on to a nice new normal cycle very soon!

Hopefully there'll be a few BFP's there as well from those naughty eggs that implanted late! smile

LolaGrace1224 Fri 19-Dec-14 12:49:19

BFN again this morning for me, not gonna lie me and OH both quite gutted,, BooBear1983 I completely agree, it gets your hopes up! I'd rather AF just arrive now it's driving me insane!

Purplelilly, yeah I guess that's a good way to go about it! It's more the not knowing that is rubbish! If AF just came on time I would accept it and just try again next cycle, but the fact it's massively holding out just plays with your emotions!

But hopefully AF will just come now and we can try again next cycle, fingers crossed!

Boobear1983 Sat 20-Dec-14 00:31:02

Cd41 and still waiting. ...angry

Me624 Sat 20-Dec-14 15:32:46

Af arrived today for me - day 37. Longest cycle I've had :-( oh well, onwards and upwards. We're going to give it a couple more cycles and then it'll have been a year so will head to the docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now