Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Legs in the air...is it a myth?

(11 Posts)
MrsPotatohead1 Sat 13-Dec-14 18:07:21

Hi, my DH and I have been TTC since August. After dtd, does anyone else put their legs in the air for a few minutes? My DH is convinced that it will work, but I read up a bit last night and lots of sites said that it's the semen that will drip out, and if the semen has carried the sperm successfully then there is no need to keep the fluid in by keeping legs raised...

I am getting so downhearted every month, and I know that may seem insensitive as lots of people have been trying a lot longer than us, but to add salt to the wound one of my best friends has just announced that she is 12 weeks, I felt so horrible as obviously I am over the moon for her, but my arms are aching to hold my own little one.

Sorry for waffling!

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 13-Dec-14 18:12:40

Hi I'd never heard of this until now so not sure if it's true. I didn't put my legs in the air after dtd just didn't go to the loo straight after lol. I found dtd more whilst ovulating helped. When I got my implant removed the nurse advised to start taking folic acid straight away. That was 5 months ago and I'm now almost 7 weeks pg! So defo dtd more when you're ovulating

ALittleFaith Sat 13-Dec-14 18:14:26

It's a myth. The good uns are well on their way and the ones left hanging around are duffers anyway, you don't want them making a race for the finish! Best thing you can do is go and wee to prevent UTIs. Good luck TTC smile

KittyandTeal Sat 13-Dec-14 18:17:29

This is a bit grim but a tip I used (and I think worked for us) was to stick a mooncup in after dtd and leave it in over night/for the day. Apparently it keeps the semen up by your cervix.

Saying that number 2 was conceived with a bit if a surprise so it might not work at all.

cookielove Sat 13-Dec-14 18:18:02

If it makes you feel better doing it and it doesn't hurt anyone then go ahead. But yes it is a myth!

Have you tried the sperm meet egg plan? We got pregnant using that the first time (mmc) and got pregnant when we were avoiding ttc by dtd 5 days before ovulation me being on top and my husband pulling out! shock blush

MrsPotatohead1 Sat 13-Dec-14 18:22:40

I haven't heard of the Sperm meet Egg plan, not sure what you mean in your description of it sorry!
I think I might go buy some pre-pregnancy vitamins next week. Really hoping for a January BFP!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sat 13-Dec-14 18:26:31

It took us 12 months to conceive DD and I always did it to give us a fighting chance smile. Currently pregnant with DC2 which is completely unplanned so obviously didn't do it, conceived the only time we've DTD without contraception since DD was born!

Idefix Sat 13-Dec-14 18:28:28

Was a long time ago but do think I was told to stay lying down afterwards smile
Agree with other poster who suggested fertility wee sticks, we used these and unless it was coincidence they were v accurate.
I hope you get some good news soon.

wishiwasonthebeach Sat 13-Dec-14 18:29:39

Well, it did for us. I have no idea it it was it but it worked on a first try.

Siarie Sat 13-Dec-14 18:38:22

I did it just in case, BFP second cycle off the mini pill.

SnugLitttleBug Sat 13-Dec-14 18:47:40

I always did it when ttc DS and since we recently started ttc #2...DH laughs but he says he finds it comforting in an odd way; myth of not it makes me feel like I'm trying everything I can which makes me feel good...
Oh but I read on NHS not to go toilet straight after if you're ttc so I thought I'd share that lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now