Talk

Advanced search

OPKs, Missed Period - What's Going On!!

(2 Posts)
Ewok007 Sat 13-Dec-14 16:13:13

Hello,

I've just started using opk too and need some advice as I don't have a clue what's going on!

My average cycle (according to period tracker is 18 days). I started my cycle on 18th Nov and on 23rd Nov which was CD6 I got a peak fertility (using clearblue dual hormone). I stopped using the opk as I thought my fertile window was over and decided to wait for my cycle on 6th December . However on 30th Nov and 1st Dec CDs 13/14 I had EWCM.

6th Dec (CD 19) no sign of period. As period tracker stAted I would be in my fertile window from 8th Dec (now become CD21), I began using the OPKs again from the 9th. So 9th-11th (CD22-24) low fertility but 12/13th (CD25-26) showing high fertility

I really don't know what's going on! Any suggestions greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post!!

Guyropes Sat 13-Dec-14 16:23:47

Hi, opk's don't tell you that ovulation happened, only that the preliminary hormones are present. The only way you can tell for sure is by monitoring your basal body temperature. It could be that your body tried to ovulate, didn't quite make it, so tried again a few days later. I recommend reading 'taking charge of your fertility' to get to girls with your cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now