Talk

Advanced search

Any OPK experts about?

(10 Posts)
enviousllama Fri 12-Dec-14 19:22:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

letsdothisthing Sat 13-Dec-14 08:39:45

Hi envious :-)

I'm not sure if I can be any help here, but just wanted to give you my experience, mc on 4/11 and hcg was approx 5000, following week was down to 200s, then following week it was 30s. This was 2 weeks after my mc. I had a scan which showed all 'retained product' had gone. The EPU booked me in for a further blood test the following week but said there was no need for me to attend if I had a negative HPT beforehand.

I had a negative HPT the following week, being 3weeks and 2 days post mc, so EPU did no further bloods, that was the 26/11 and since then we've been DTD regularly but no sign of ov or AF yet and today is 41 days since mc. I did a ic OPK this morning which although negative had a line - see pic! So basically, I don't know if I've missed ov, or if it's still to come! Such a confusing time though isn't it and exhausting keeping up the DTD 'just in case', hope it doesn't drag out too long for you!

Murphy29 Sat 13-Dec-14 08:57:50

Sorry for your loss.

I had 4 mc and started using opk to get some idea of cycles post mc as it took weeks for my hpt to turn -ve. I don't want to get your hopes up but if it's still positive (test line darker than control line not just visible like a positive hpt) then I'd try an hpt as I had this happen to me and it was the pregnancy hormones it was picking up.

Good luck and if it's just positive for ovulation then at least you've definitely been dtd at the right time wink

NewEraNewMindset Sat 13-Dec-14 09:04:32

I agree about doing an hpt and making sure it's not picking up pregnancy hormone instead of LH.

So sorry for your loss xx

enviousllama Sat 13-Dec-14 10:28:50

Murphy29 Sat 13-Dec-14 13:36:18

Sounds good, let us know how you get on

Ewok007 Sat 13-Dec-14 15:53:26

Hello,

I've just started using opk too and need some advice as I don't have a clue what's going on!

My average cycle (according to period tracker is 18 days). I started my cycle on 18th Nov and on 23rd Nov which was CD6 I got a peak fertility (using clearblue dual hormone). I stopped using the opk as I thought my fertile window was over and decided to wait for my cycle on 6th December . However on 30th Nov and 1st Dec CDs 13/14 I had EWCM.

6th Dec (CD 19) no sign of period. As period tracker stAted I would be in my fertile window from 8th Dec (now become CD21), I began using the OPKs again from the 9th. So 9th-11th (CD22-24) low fertility but 12/13th (CD25-26) showing high fertility

I really don't know what's going on! Any suggestions greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post!!

enviousllama Sat 13-Dec-14 16:49:25

enviousllama Sat 13-Dec-14 16:50:14

enviousllama Thu 18-Dec-14 18:03:06

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now