Talk

Advanced search

What supplements are you taking and why?

(4 Posts)
NewEraNewMindset Fri 12-Dec-14 12:18:07

Thought this might be interesting to see. I know everyone is going to be at a different stage of TTC and at all different ages, but I'd love to know what other people are taking and what you think has actually made a difference.

TTC #2
12 months/ 2 miscarriages
Bloods normal/sperm normal

Ubiquinol 600mg a day to improve egg quality (horribly expensive). Been taking 2/3 cycles.

FertilAid for woman. 3 capsules a day. Only just started taking this, previously was taking PregnacareMax.

FertileCM. 3 capsules a day. Only just started taking this, idea is to improve EWCM and uterine lining for implantation.

Evening primrose oil capsules. 3000mg daily up until ovulation. Helps with EWCM.

Spirulina tablets. 4 tablets of 500mg a day. On advice of acupucturist, meant to help with blood.

Apimist + Pollen honey with royal jelly, pollen and propolis. Acupucturist recommended as is meant to be very good for fertility. Take a heaped teaspoon every day. It's very nice!

Vitamin B6 100mg capsule a day to help lengthen LP.

Folic acid separately at a high dose as it's meant to help prevent miscarriage.

Vitamin D one capsule as apparently we are all deficient.

EPA/DHA one capsule.

I have acupuncture once a week and have been doing so for about three cycles now.

I have to say I have actually noticed some improvement. The B6 does seem to have lengthened my luteul phase and over the last three cycles my follicular phase has gone from OV on day 10 to OV on day 14!! So even though I'm not pregnant I feel as though my cycles are a lot stronger and healthier than they were. At their shortest I was looking at 23 days. Now 26.

In myself my aches and pains that if put down to age have gone and my shoulder pain that has dogged me for 10 years is gone. It disappeared after the acupuncturist did some work on it. Very surprising.

I know I'm taking a shitload so I don't expect anyone to be taking as much as I am. But if you swear by something I'd love to hear what!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Fri 12-Dec-14 13:46:58

New

Wow! Do you rattle when you walk??

I'm also having acupuncture which I highly recommend!

Also, I took soy isoflavones this month because I don't think I ovulate. Still don't know if I 100% ovulated as I cannot get a positive OPK for love nor money and I couldn't track my temperature this month as I've had a fever! Meh. But I had an abundance of EWCM for the first time ever.

I do the usual vits that you mentioned too. And will start EPO next cycle also to improve EWCM smile

dizzylemon Fri 12-Dec-14 14:04:20

Vitamin D and Folic acid, because those were advised by the doctor.

I take Omega 3 anyway as part of my fitness regime.

I intend to use Soy Isolflavines ay some point as I am having issues with regularity though I am awaiting some blood tests to confirm/refute PCOS. Guess I wouldn't take anything extra until I know what's going on with that.

Rufus200 Fri 12-Dec-14 14:19:21

Pre-natal vit
Folic acid and Vit D
Omega 3 Fatty acids high in DHA
Inositol 2g as I have PCOS
5-HTP which also contains high B6 as history of depression and insomnia

Have soy isoflavones on standby to start on next cycle if needed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now