Talk

Advanced search

2ww and Christmas parties, are we drinking or not

(9 Posts)
Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Thu 11-Dec-14 07:13:48

Right in the middle of 2ww we are hosting a Christmas dinner for our closest friends, 9 people total. We rotate each year and usually the wine flows pretty well, so what do I do this year, they all know we are ttc so it will be obvious something is up if I'm the only non-drinking one! What are you doing about Christmas parties if you're also on your tww?? I'm thinking about getting a bunch of alcohol free beers in and drinking from a glass whilst hiding the cans! fgrin

Quinandthem Thu 11-Dec-14 07:23:17

I would use moderation.

I believe it takes 5-7 days before it attaches to your womb and starts to absorb anything.

Could you take an early test?

After my mc it took me 6 months to get pregnant, there were lots of events I didn't drink at 'just in case' but wish I had relaxed more and just enjoyed myself.

That said, we're now trying for number 2 and my work party is next week and I'm going to do an early test.

Boyle1884 Thu 11-Dec-14 08:04:20

My tww ends 23rd December and between now and then we're at several parties... I'm always the first one to open a bottle and not sure what to do either?! Might take quins advice and relax and enjoy but within a certain limit. Love to know what you decide to do... Could maybe have one glass and say it's giving you heartburn or made you groggy and then move on to something else. I've saved a green bottle to fill with shloer at our buffet next week... But don't know if I'll get away with it!!

TinyWishes Thu 11-Dec-14 11:34:31

I think moderation is key. Just go with how you feel. Spritzers are a good idea, soda or lemonade down the wine. Unless it's red wine you prefer...in which case smaller glasses...Appletizer makes a good fake prosecco/champers...

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Thu 11-Dec-14 11:41:23

Boyle, I like you're excuses idea, and as I've been suffering with horrendous heart burn lately that should work! But you're all right, moderation is the way to go although not sure how successful that will be once we're into the swing of things!!! Thanks for your comments.

dizzylemon Thu 11-Dec-14 12:08:01

I did at my work party :D. I was only just past, or maybe still in my fertile period though. Will be refraining at other times. Not a big drinker anyway so I'm not worried fgrin

Me624 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:46:57

I am ttc #1 and had far too much to drink at my work Christmas do the other night. I was about 6/7 dpo so too early to poas. I am on cycle 8 and have stopped getting my hopes up so much every month really so I thought why not! I've got my team do on Monday, now I should have got af by then if she's coming so that will be a different matter!

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Thu 11-Dec-14 18:08:25

I know where you're coming from Me, we started ttc #1 in March had mmc in July and trying since, really trying not to stress too much each month!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Thu 11-Dec-14 18:25:40

4dpo here with girls night out on Saturday & I shall be making the most of it with a few glasses of plonk. With a but of luck or an effing miracle it could be my last opportunity to drink for at least 9 months!! Plus, there won't be any bloodline to jelly bean at that point. After months of stressing and restrictions, we bloody deserve it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now