Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation test strips

(5 Posts)
helensburgh Wed 10-Dec-14 22:38:38

Hi can anyone help, I'm doing all this analysing !

So the first day I had signs of ovulation I fora very positive ovulation result.

The next dAy v negative and the following two.

The positive ovulation was only 11 days after my last period.

So, is it normal to get a positive result for one day only?

izj123 Thu 11-Dec-14 15:41:24

Hey,

Not sure which brand you use. I've been using a product (unsure of name can look it up later) that gives me faint lines before a positive one. So I can normally tell when its about to go positive. This brand state that a positive result indicates that Ovulation will happen in the next 12-24 hours depending on when you tested. And after that I will have negative tests. Im not sure if this helps at all.

helensburgh Thu 11-Dec-14 23:10:40

Thanks sounds v similar.

The first ever I did was strongly positive, the next day the result line was fainter than the control, now a week later there's no colour to the line.

Next month I will test earlier and see.

Thank you

izj123 Sun 14-Dec-14 11:13:22

Best of luck. Keep us posted!

DHandhisJollyCarolingfoot Sun 14-Dec-14 11:18:35

You usually only get one strong positive and it can last just hours so you can get a faint line in the morning, a strong positive in the afternoon and then a faint line again that night. That's why I usually test 3x per day the few days before I expect ovulation, as it's so easy to miss the + otherwise. I usually get very faint lines in the days leading up to the +opk as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now