Talk

Advanced search

coming off the pill amd trying to get pregnant

(3 Posts)
broodykingy Mon 08-Dec-14 11:23:23

I came off the pill mid September and used extra precaution until mid November. I was due a period on the 1st November but it never came, I came on for the first time on 23 November for a week with extreme period pains and still keep finding small amounts of blood everyday since then. I know it can take a while for periods to return to normal and I am trying to be patient despite really wanting a baby. I am just worried that this is not normal and if I will even be able to conceive at the minute. Never really thought about it being so hard and the effect the choices I made years ago have on my body.

spamanderson Mon 08-Dec-14 12:22:44

How long were you on the pill? It can take up to 12 months to get it completely out of your system and back to normal again.

broodykingy Mon 08-Dec-14 12:54:03

I was on the contraceptive injection for 3 years and the came off that to go on the pill and have been on the pill around 8 months before coming off that. I know it can take a while so just need to be patient. Just was thrown by the extra long period and the small bleeds now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now