Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill - what to expect

(2 Posts)
Katew8912 Thu 04-Dec-14 13:56:36

Hi there,

Looking for some advice here. My hubby and I decided to start ttc and I finished my last pack of pills mid November.

I had my withdrawal bleed and according to a fertility app I had I was due to start ovulating on the 28th November.

I bought the Clear Blue ovulation tests and started testing on the 23rd November. I got low fertility that day and then the following day high fertility, followed by 2 days of peak fertility, then a low fertility and then a peak fertility again.

Felt very positive after that, however this week I started to bleed on Monday. Not a lot of blood like a normal period but I think it would be too much to be classed as spotting.

Is this normal and could it be my body adjusting to coming off the pill? According to my app I should be due my next period next week, however I'm concerned I'm not going to be able to track things properly.

Supposed I was deluded in thinking it would happen straight away :-(

saltedcaramelicious Thu 04-Dec-14 15:26:36

I would put the bleeding down to coming off the pill, it's still very early days and can take a few months for get a regular cycle again. However having said that you could easily still be ovulating and able to get pregnant so don't rule anything out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now