Talk

Advanced search

What "instant BFP" products/myths/tips/potions/wierdness have you heard/tried?

(8 Posts)
Ladyboluna Wed 03-Dec-14 13:12:45

We've all heard of tips which claim to get you pregnant quicker. Everything that your doctor might tell you such as relaxing, diet and exercise... and then there are things which seem totally unrelated to health or DTD which still claim to help you get pregnant. Crystals? Adopting a pet?

Old-wives tales, new-age shop tips, historical tips from years ago, what have you heard?

Here's one of mine - My mother tried for several years, and her grandma told her to get a pet such as a cat or dog to love and then she'll get pregnant. She got a rescue dog and then a few months later found out she was expecting me. Unfortunately it's not worked for me though...

dizzylemon Thu 04-Dec-14 17:00:01

I am sad because this is an interesting topic and nobody has answered!

Most of the advice I've received is generic and common sense. I'd say possibly the option I hadn't considered ( and might) is acupuncture, though I am uncertain if the effects are directly on fertility or more about relaxing/peace of mind!

Ladyboluna Thu 04-Dec-14 17:44:03

I came up with the idea for this thread after Googling (I know I shouldn't) tips for getting pregnant, I found this gem of a website - health.ninemsn.com.au/pregnancy/planning/695486/weird-ways-to-enhance-your-fertility

My favourite one is this - "Do like the Yansi people of Africa's Congo region and toss your underwear onto the roof of your house when there's a waning moon. To fall pregnant, you can only retrieve your underpants when there's a new moon."

I wonder what OH which will say when he seems me trying to fling my knickers onto the roof xD

MrsLowe14 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:46:42

I did stroke the picture on one of the threads on here grin

bygones80 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:17:01

I read something in cough syrup helps give you good EWCM hmm

bygones80 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:18:21

Maybe if they are xmassy knickers you can get away with it wink

allchatnicknamesgone Sat 06-Dec-14 23:25:21

Yeah I saw that picture flying around. I must have stroked it. Insane not to hmm

Ladyboluna Sat 06-Dec-14 23:28:59

What was the picture of?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now