Talk

Advanced search

Can I drink the same pregnant water everyone else is having??

(10 Posts)
sleepdodger Wed 03-Dec-14 07:52:21

Seriously wtf ALL my friends have just announced they're pregnant with numbers 2/3/4 or in last week had a baby
Stamps foot it's not fair
Ttc for 4 months
I know it's not long but am so jel and have to avoid texting them back with whoop congrats hope to join you soon and replace with yay etc

What's in the water and where do I get some?!!

dizzylemon Wed 03-Dec-14 10:29:47

I'm on month 6 of trying and no cigar!

Heck, I'm on cycle day 18 and I don't think I've ovulated. Bum nuggets!

Just keep your eye on the prize and try not to worry about everyone else!

SueBridehead Wed 03-Dec-14 10:46:14

Also on month 6 and the same, but you never know how long everyone else is trying. I have a friend who is pg and I never knew she had been trying for a year with a mc in that time that she only spoke about afterwards.

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 03-Dec-14 10:51:32

Agreed dodger

One of my BF's is due to give birth next week, another at the end of this month.

My SIL announced she is 3 months last month.

My sister told me she is pregnant on Saturday (from one 'missed' pill injection and in a 'casual' relationship)

And also my best friend in the whole world who i am going through all of this struggling to conceive with told me last night that she is pregnant.

-- Struggling to cope and want to move away so that I can pretend none of this is happening--

Ladyboluna Wed 03-Dec-14 12:51:26

Wait until you've been trying for 16 months... in that time 3 of my close friends have got pregnant/had a baby, there have been several births in the family and that's not including colleagues...

Unfortunately once you get into the 20+ age bracket most of your peers either have a baby, TTC, are pregnant, or thinking about doing it soon. Which is daily torture once you realise you're in the 10% of people who take longer than a year.

4 months + I was still optimistic every month! Relax, know everything's normal and very few people fall that quickly.

bessie84 Wed 03-Dec-14 13:45:10

im 30 next week and been ttc for 3 years.... try that for frustrated and mad.

we're doing iui (first insemination tomorrow) irritates life out of me. but as someone above said, keep ya eye on the goal. 4 months is nothing. good luck ttc. x

dizzylemon Wed 03-Dec-14 14:10:51

dodger: point is: you, like many of us, were led to believe that pregnancy would just happen. Fact is that it can take a while for most people and all you can do is keep going.

It's sad but people seldom talk about it. It's been discussed with me only by close friends, but I think when you actually dig, it takes most people a while and you wouldn't know it as a pregnancy will just be announced 3 months in.

All the best though! Perseverance and optimism for now!

Brummiegirl15 Wed 03-Dec-14 14:26:41

I'm 38 and I've only been trying since April but I've already had 2 miscarriages in that time and I'm pregnant for a 3rd time and shaking with terror doesn't even come close.

I know I've got pregnant very quickly but I never dreamt it would be this distressing or this hard.

Remember the days when you were told that just looking at a boy you got pregnant? We were lied to!!!

Ladyboluna Wed 03-Dec-14 16:05:18

I agree with the ladies who say we've been lied to. I have spent my entire teenage/adult life so far being told that if I so much as winked at a male I'd be pregnant within the hour and that would inevitably lead to my life being ruined.

alien11 Wed 03-Dec-14 23:20:04

I know how you feel!
I have my cousins wife( also close friend) who is pregnant,another close friend due in 3 days and about a thousand fb announcements of pregnancies each day!
I've been trying for no.2 for 6 months with no joy. If I get asked about when no.2 is again I'm going to scream!
I'm trying to deal with it by 1) planning my drinking over Xmas 2) prepping for skiing holiday in feb 3) doing lots of lovely Xmas things with my daughter.
My doc is so good and said if no joy re ttc in Jan/feb then she ll run some blood tests.
Fingers crossed for everyone getting a bfp soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now