Talk

Advanced search

Crossing fingers

(13 Posts)
ditzzy Tue 02-Dec-14 15:47:55

BFP Friday morning last week (1-2 on CB digi) now been spotting since last night. Very brown small stringy bits in clear (ie not blood) cm. how worried should I be?

Plan at the moment is to keep fingers crossed until Friday then retest with a digi and hope it says 2-3...

I don't feel anywhere near as sicky as I have for the last week though hmm

Spanielpuppy Tue 02-Dec-14 18:33:50

Could be an implantation bleed, you could contact your epu(early pregnancy unit) but will prob be too early to scan but they could do a beta hcg blood test (detects the a pregnancy hormone that should double every week).

You may need to go through your gp to get an apt

Try to relax as much as possible (I know it hard) take it easy and eat well.

Fingers crossed for you

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 02-Dec-14 18:41:40

That sort of spotting sounds ok, but still nerve wracking I understand. If it gets heavy and the blood becomes red and accompanied by cramping, then obviously that's not such great news.
Good luck, I really hope it's just embie settling in.
I'm not sure about the CB plan though? I think if you are still spotting by the time you get to 5 weeks you should ask for bloods at EPU. This happened to me last week (I was 4 weeks), I called my doc and she said there's nothing they would do until I got to 6 anyway because if it is onset of MC it's just natures way.

ditzzy Tue 02-Dec-14 19:02:02

Thanks guys, it's amazing how much a message on here helps even though I know you can't say anything to solve it!

Spotting now bright red but still only when I wipe. No cramping at all.

DP has been warned that we might not be keeping this one and has reassured with a 'lets just wait and see'. Nothing much else to do really.

ditzzy Tue 02-Dec-14 19:03:47

Allchat - just re-read your message properly, how are you doing too?

Spanielpuppy Tue 02-Dec-14 19:35:48

Ditzzy think you should be still contact your GP in the morning for further reassurance. Allchatnicknamesgone is right they will prob say it's better to wait but they I should be able to offer more effective advice and a blood test. It's unfair to let you wait another 2 weeks with out knowing

m33r Tue 02-Dec-14 22:40:13

ditzy watch the cb doggies. They are notorious for not going up in weeks. If it doesn't go up, it doesn't mean bad news. I never got to 3+ weeks. I'm 24+4.

Fx for you

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 02-Dec-14 22:50:12

ditsy it didn't work out for me, but I'm ok now.
As hard as it is you've just got be brave and see how the next 24 hrs pans out. Mine happened pretty quickly. Spotting when I had a poo in the morning. Nothing really all day then about 6pm the cramping started and the bleeding got steadily heavier over next couple of hrs.
My advice is to avoid google. If you need to vent or just write come back here. Google is your enemy at times like these.
Hope you manage to rest & sleep tonight x

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 02-Dec-14 22:50:53

Er sorry ditzzy hmm

ditzzy Wed 03-Dec-14 06:43:40

Thanks for all the messages - I have an answer already though, I now have normal looking AF, bright red, normal flow and a few clots so game over for this month hmm

I guess it always was too much to ask for everything to work right on first month off implant I just got carried away with my BFP!!

Onwards and upwards

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 03-Dec-14 07:39:31

I'm really sorry. It's so crappy when it happens. There are lots of positives to take from it though, so don't be too disheartened. X

ditzzy Wed 03-Dec-14 08:15:29

If nothing else it's reminded me how great MN is!

Thanks Allchat FX for both of us for next time x

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 03-Dec-14 09:32:07

I know. It's my saviour.
It will happen x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now