Talk

Advanced search

Coming off marvelon!

(10 Posts)
Boyle1884 Mon 01-Dec-14 06:26:23

Hi ladies... I'm wondering if anyone else has come off marvelon when ttc and what symptoms you might have had?! I was emotional wreck yesterday for no apparent reason. Also how long has it taken you to get caught?! I've been on pill for 10 years so worried it's going to take a while!!!

MelonMelon Mon 01-Dec-14 15:31:40

Hi

I came off marvelon in January after 11 years on it. Took 3 months for af to come back then had a mc in august at 8 weeks. I didn't have any negative symptoms since I came off it and periods have been lighter and shorter. Best of luck ttc! x

Boyle1884 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:38:20

Ahh thank you and sorry to hear about mc. I'm really impatient and just want it all to happen so quickly. How has your skin been? Are you ttc again yet or waiting a while? Ax

MelonMelon Mon 01-Dec-14 17:58:44

Actually now you mention it I've had awful spots on my chest and shoulders since July, thought it was pregnancy hormones but they're still there. Af only came back last week so 3 months after mc, we are trying again at the end of December I'm so impatient too so 4 weeks more to wait feels like forever! It's scary when you've been on the pill for so long isn't it, I thought I might turn into a completely different person!

delphinemills Mon 01-Dec-14 19:28:38

feels like reading myself! came of it after 9 years on the pill, my breasts dropped a size I cried for no reason a few time the first month off and I now have a 39 days cycle. No other symptoms as far as I know. 3rd months trying now nothing yet!
Good luck

Boyle1884 Mon 01-Dec-14 20:00:52

I am so up and down and today fatigue has hit me hard! 39 day cycle sounds hard work... Have downloaded ovia app to start tracking my ovulation today. Did either of you ladies have a blood test to check if MMR jab still in system? My doctor says I should check but not heard that before... x

MelonMelon Mon 01-Dec-14 20:04:08

No that's a new one on me never heard of that before!

firsttimenewbie Mon 01-Dec-14 20:21:47

How has everyones skin been? I am on Marvelon and planning on coming off a few months ahead of TTC in May but the problem is I am getting married in April so dont want to be a spotty mess for it!

MelonMelon Mon 01-Dec-14 20:45:00

My skin has been bad but it didn't start til 6 months after I came off marvelon so it might just be coincidence, although I've never had spots before.

Boyle1884 Tue 02-Dec-14 06:05:35

I've started with a few pimples but I was put on dianette and then marvelon because my acne was so bad but really hoping I don't go back to my teenage skin again!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now