Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after a long cycle

(6 Posts)
Purplelilly Sun 30-Nov-14 15:56:59

Hi,
I'm hoping to have some advice from those of you who have had a long cycle.

My cycle is usually between 29 and 31 days, this month it has been 41 days.
Now that AF has finally arrived, should I expect to ovulate around the same time of the month I usually would (day 14/15 usually), or is this cycle likely to be 'off'?

If you were me, would you start with the opk's a bit early to make sure you catch it?

Last month TTC, so really need this to go right! smile

Sheepoverthemoon Sun 30-Nov-14 17:10:48

I use the my days app and it s averages your cycle length, then I use ovulation sticks based on this. If your ovulation sticks are reasonable price start earlier. Good luck

dizzylemon Sun 30-Nov-14 19:48:53

I had this issue last month and have been wondering the same myself.

Going to monitor cm and temp and go with that smile

Purplelilly Sun 30-Nov-14 20:40:49

Thanks both for replying smile I think I'll start opk early to be sure I catch it. I have been temping but my temps are so erratic. I have severe insomnia so I think this is causing the results to be unreliable. I'll keep trying though smile

sammylou1 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:17:36

This happened to me last month (43 days instead of 28-32), I ovulated this month on day 13 as is normal for me. Some ladies on another thread said the long cycle was probably because I didn't ovulate last month (this is apparently normal for 1 or 2 months a year) and so shouldn't affect the next one.

Purplelilly Sun 30-Nov-14 21:19:49

Great, thanks Sammy! Quite relieved that it'll probably be back to normal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now