Talk

Advanced search

Bfp 5 weeks after mc

(7 Posts)
MerchCymraeg Sat 29-Nov-14 12:19:32

Hello all. I had an early mc 5 weeks ago, my hcg levels went from 315 to 100 to 16 in a week, with the mc happening naturally between the 2nd and 3rd blood test. I had very light bleeding last week which I assumed was my period. So today I did a test just to make sure that my hcg had gone back down completely. fully expected a negative, but it was positive. Can it take over 5 weeks for a hcg of 16 to drop to 0?

CalicoBlue Sat 29-Nov-14 15:38:19

Sorry to hear about your mc, I have had three and it is sad each time.

I know that with one mc, I was still showing positive tests three weeks later. I did not do any more tests after that, so don't know how long it took to go back to zero.

Or could you be pregnant again? Any other signs?

MerchCymraeg Sat 29-Nov-14 16:05:26

Hi Calico, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

I've got sore boobs which have been like that for a week, I also had what I thought was a very light period last week, but now I'm wondering if it wasn't. Random light bleeding was the sign that my last pregnancy was failing, so it's all very confusing.

I'm kicking myself for not doing some tests sooner after the mc. I honestly thought this one would come back negative. I know that if I am I am, and if I'm not then I'm not, but this being in limbo is so frustrating.

MerchCymraeg Fri 05-Dec-14 15:46:53

I thought I'd post an update, in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar position.

I had bloods taken at the EPU, which were 1122 & 3000, so I am indeed pregnant grin Going for a scan in two weeks to find out how far along I am.

Fingers crossed, this is the one.

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Sat 06-Dec-14 09:23:49

Congrats!

Cariad2014 Sat 06-Dec-14 10:05:30

Congratulations. Truly awesome news!

MerchCymraeg Sat 06-Dec-14 10:40:53

Thank you smile I'm feeling cautiously positive that this time it will work out for me and DP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now