Talk

Advanced search

So sad to be back, please advise

(2 Posts)
Snoopysimaginaryfriend Sat 29-Nov-14 11:52:47

Hello all. I'm 29 and got my first ever bfp on 9th October, it was my first month off the pill. We were so happy, couldn't believe we were pregnant straight away and it would have been a honeymoon baby.
Fast forward to 27th Nov I went to epu thinking something wasn't right. Our little one measured eight weeks and had no heartbeat. We are devastated. I'm having a d and c on Monday because my body is not mis carrying by itself and we can't bear to be in limbo, it will be closure for us.
We want to try again as soon as I stop bleeding but I have some questions.
Last time we just dtd every other day for the whole month.
What do I count as cd1? The date of the d and c or the day I stop bleeding?
Will I ovulate as normal or will I have to wait until I get a negative hpt?
I have never used an opk but bought some cheapies from the internet. Are they worth using or will I just confuse and upset myself?
We are trying to stay positive. Thirty years ago my mum was married in August like us, pregnant the same time and miscarried the same time. She was pregnant again by New Years with me and never had another miscarriage. Hopefully we can do the same.
Sorry this is so long. If you have any other tips for getting pregnant quickly please let me knowsmile

Shorty2014 Sat 29-Nov-14 12:28:15

Hi Snoopysimaginaryfriend,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are looking after yourself.

I'm not in the exact same situation and may not have the answers you are looking for but didn't want to read then run and leave you left unanswered.

I miscarried my little boy at 16weeks 5days in October. I have been advised to wait for a period before trying again (although i can't wait that long) i miscarried 14th October and bled for 2 weeks , and still awaiting AF. I did a hpt when I stopped bleeding to make sure it was negative - it was! Since then we haven't used protection and are still "trying". My AF was really irregular before hand so i think it will still be irregular.

But I'm sorry I have no tips on getting pregnant quickly as it took us 3 and half years to conceive this time round ��

Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now