Talk

Advanced search

Is a positive a positive even if its faint?

(7 Posts)
RubMyLamp Thu 27-Nov-14 20:31:04

On CD28. AF due anywhere between now and next Friday (Mirena came out on 6th October and cycle is all over the place still.) I did a Clearblue Plus on Tuesday afternoon and got a faint positive. Told DSIL and she went out and got me another test (Superdrug brand) this afternoon as she couldn't stand the tension grin (we are very, very close.) Darker line but still faint, about half as light as the test line IYSWIM?!

DH is nipping out tomorrow morning before work to get a Clearblue Digital so I can do a first thing in the morning test.

I've only ever had strong positive lines the same colour as the test line so I'm unsure what faint lines mean, if anything?!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Thu 27-Nov-14 20:39:36

A line is a line, congratulations smile. The tests are designed to detect the pregnancy hormone. If there was none of the hormone in your body, there would be no line at all.

BiggerYellowTaxi Thu 27-Nov-14 20:40:46

Yep, any line is a line - congratulations flowers

GameOfGroans Thu 27-Nov-14 20:42:46

I'm on CD27, and am 13DPO. I tested using a Tesco test 2 days ago and got a very faint line. Did another yesterday eve and got another very faint line. Then did a Clear Blue Digital this evening and got a BFP! grin
So yes is say a faint line, no matter how faint is a great sign. Good luck x

bluetrain Thu 27-Nov-14 20:43:23

on a pregnancy test any second line is a positive no matter how faint! congratulations flowers

on an ovulation test the test line has to be as dark as or darker than the control line.

GameOfGroans Thu 27-Nov-14 20:43:57

Is= I'd obviously! Bloody phone confused

RubMyLamp Thu 27-Nov-14 20:56:52

Oooooooo grin grin grin

Its been close to 5 years since I last POAS and that was a very clear dark line so was very unsure of what a faint one means blush

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now