Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for the CBAFM?

(6 Posts)
59sound Thu 27-Nov-14 14:04:54

Hi everyone,

I'm heading into month 4 of ttc and have heard good things about the Clear blue Advanced Fertility Monitor. Just before I bite the bullet and spend £130 on the monitor and sticks (eek!) I wondered if anyone could share their thoughts on it - good or bad. Thank you!

Mikeysmum2906 Thu 27-Nov-14 18:01:13

Hi I'm on my second month with the monitor I'm still a bit sceptical last month it gave me peak read on days 16 and 17 today am on day 18 and it's still reading high. I think it might have missed my ov this month. I have heard it takes time to get to know your cycle so I will stick with it for at least another cycle before I decide if it's helping. At moment it's just adding to stress as I'm starting to wonder if I ov

59sound Thu 27-Nov-14 18:58:59

Okay, thank you, that's helpful to bear in mind

beccaroo Thu 27-Nov-14 19:58:38

I've been using it 2 months and think it's great. Last month we weren't ttc as I'd just had surgery, but this month is said peaks on day 18 and 19 when I thought I was fertile much earlier than this! So I'm now in the tww and crossing everything.

I think if you have the money for it and have regular cycles, no unusual history etc then go for it. It takes all of the wondering (and obsessing in my case) our of it. You can do preg tests on it too so you save a bit of £ this way!

Hope that helps. Top tip though, if you're going to get it then look on eBay, even new ones are SO much cheaper than boots etc! Second hand I think would be fine too- I didn't understand how it worked but if you have less to spend then go for second hand over not getting it!

59sound Thu 27-Nov-14 20:15:12

That's really helpful, thank you! Think I am going to go for it smile.

MaMaPo Thu 27-Nov-14 20:18:02

I bought one second hand off eBay and it works fine. This was cycle 2 and it turns out my ovulation is quite regular so perhaps I don't need it. But I had had no luck with opks so this was a relIef to find out.

I reckon their resale value will be pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now