Talk

Advanced search

40 day cycle, no AF but negative test - help!

(8 Posts)
HeirToTheIronThrone Wed 26-Nov-14 21:04:21

Hello oh wise ones - help!

We have been ttc since the summer. I came off my pill in late June and have had regular periods since then (between 29 and 33 day cycle) but I am currently on day 40 with no signs of a period. I did a test on Monday night which was negative.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What happened to you - did you come on eventually and chalk it up to random body behaviour? Were you pregnant all along? Or something else?

Sorry for all the questions but it's beginning to freak me out!

sammylou1 Fri 28-Nov-14 18:17:43

Hi heir

This happened to me last cycle... I'm usually a regular 28-32 days and last month was 43! Af showed her ugly face eventually though and it was actually a relief because at least I knew what was going on again.
Some ladies on another thread said it was probably because I didn't ovulate that month. Apparently it's completely normal to have 1or2 months a year that you don't, even if you ov fine normally.

That being said I have heard of late BFPs so it's not over till the wicked with arrives wink X

HeirToTheIronThrone Sat 29-Nov-14 07:42:11

Thank you! Day 43 now and still nothing but another negative test, so pretty sure I'm not pregnant. Just a waiting game then now I suppose!

sammylou1 Sat 29-Nov-14 08:49:58

Hope you find out soon one way or another. X

Purplelilly Sun 30-Nov-14 15:50:16

How are things going with you? Has AF arrived yet?

I've also had a very long cycle this month (41 days instead of my usual 29-31). Af arrived this morning.

As Sammy said, it is normal for this to happen occasionally, so try not to stress. Very upsetting when it does happen! If it doesn't come next month, it might be worth popping to the doctor just for reassurance and some advice.

AbsolutelyLostIt Sun 30-Nov-14 15:54:24

Hiya,

AF was 7-9 days late this month even though I'm always between 26 - 28 days. I've only ever been 29 days once in the last year and that's my longest cycle before this one so I felt sure something was up. However, I got a BFN at 4 days late and finally AF turned up full force this morning sad

BFN at your stage is unusual if you are pregnant but you never know. Fingers crossed and prayers you find out either way soon - at least if AF turns up you'll be one step closer to trying again next cycle! It's the waiting that kills you isn't it!

HeirToTheIronThrone Mon 01-Dec-14 16:08:26

Hello all, AF arrived yesterday in the end - so no baby this month, but it's still a relief in that at least no more waiting! Thank you for all your posts, onwards and upwards and fingers crossed for January BFP instead smile

sammylou1 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:57:34

Hi heir, sorry af arrived, but glad you don't have to wait anymore. As you say, on to January! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now