Talk

Advanced search

DAY 21 PROGESTERONE TEST - DR SAID TAKE ON DAY21 BUT I OV. LATE?!

(3 Posts)
artylady14 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:58:47

I saw my Dr today and mentioned that I am 4dpo and having low temperatures going up and down vslightly and hovering above the cover line. I was concerned as I have never had this. Usually I get the three rises, quite obvious ones too. He told me to take the Day21 progesterone test - next cycle (as I am already on day 26 as I ovulate late) and take it on day21 even if I haven't ovulated yet? Surely this cant be right if I am testing for ovulation?

I am tempted to just go to hospital and have my test in a few days when I will be a week past my ovulation. I am also quite concerned that if I do get pregnant this cycle my progesterone levels must be low (I had a m/c earlier this year in the fifth week) and that I dont know what to do. I bought some wild yam today as he wouldnt give me any progesterone cream without testing of course. Anyone have any advice/experience? sad((

willitbe Thu 27-Nov-14 15:35:35

Can I ask why you think your progesterone is low? On the cycles I have been pregnant where I have charted, my temps are always low and just above coverline not really rising!!!! The chart should be biphasic, but the temps don't have to be high for a successful pregnancy.

The day 21 test needs to be taken between 6 and 9 dpo.

artylady14 Thu 27-Nov-14 17:58:51

Thank you for answering. I am not an expert at this at all, its just that I found my temperatures unusual as they look barely different to before ovulation and very different to my other charts - Just hovering above the coverline and not really looking like a different phase (yet). I then googled this (wrong I know) and found that it was a sign of low progesterone. Because of my early m/c I thought it was a sign. I am having my Day 21 test tomorrow on advice of my friend who is a GP (6dpo as I cant go on a Saturday). It is good to know you got pregnant with a similar chart. Thanks for your comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now