Talk

Advanced search

period 3 days after peak ovulation result. how is this even possible?

(3 Posts)
giantbuttons Tue 25-Nov-14 21:33:58

Hi girls, im in need of some advice from some ovulation test experts! Im 36 and ttc my second dc. I usually have 34/35 day cycles. I bought the clearblue ovulation dual hormone indicator for thd first time I got 8 days of blank circles and then on my 9th attempt, a straight smiley so yay I thought, body working, Dtd and was already planning when I would be doing my pregnancy test and dreamily thinking of having a lovely bfp for christmas, even thinking how i would avoid drinking at xmas parties. Carried away much! However just 3 days after the peak result have got my period! And on cd 29 too. Has anyone any experience of this test giving false positives?

Gunpowder Thu 27-Nov-14 17:45:35

Implantation bleed?

sammylou1 Thu 27-Nov-14 19:35:23

Did you test in the morning? That's the only way I can think you could get a faulse positive as we always have LH in us, it it rises at the time of ovulation. If you test with fmu then the natural concentration would be higher and possibly give a positive?
So what cd did u get your solid smiley?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now