Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to ovulate twice in one month?

(11 Posts)
Whoknowswhatcouldhappen Sun 23-Nov-14 14:30:24

I posted the other day on chat, but though I'd come on here for more advice...
I am usually on every 21-28 days. So I was due on either last Saturday (21 days) , or yesterday (28 days).
I know when I ovulated during the month as did tests and we dtd during that time too.
Since last Saturday (so 8 days now), I've been having period style cramps, and constantly feel like I'm on...only...I'm not.

On Thursday I took what I thought was a pregnancy test, but we'd run out so I'd actually taken an ovulation test...which came up with a very faint line.
Took a pregnancy test yesterday and today and both were negative. I'm still having cramps and in pain, but no period yet.
So today I thought maybe it's ovulation pains...even though I've already ovulated? So I took a test, and the line is really, really clear....so is it possible to ovulate twice in a month?! And to ovulate around the time you're due on?

Sorry for rambling, I'm just so confused and in quite a bit of pain tbh!

(Also attached a photo of today's ovulation test so you can see how clear the line is.....)

NickiFury Sun 23-Nov-14 14:32:59

Pretty sure it is. Isn't that how fraternal twins are conceived? Sure I have read of fraternal twins being conceived at different times of the month.

SunbathingCat Sun 23-Nov-14 14:41:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whoknowswhatcouldhappen Sun 23-Nov-14 14:49:17

Thank you so much sunbathingcat. That's really helpful, thank you smile

Whoknowswhatcouldhappen Sun 23-Nov-14 17:16:59

Just did a preg test (after making dh go out and get one) and its v v v v faint.. Like...hardly visible, but me and dh can see a v faint line...cos its not a thick, clear line, does that mean I'm not preg, and it's just ovulation it's picking up?

SunbathingCat Sun 23-Nov-14 17:39:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whoknowswhatcouldhappen Sun 23-Nov-14 19:39:33

Eeeep! Thank you

ethelb Sun 23-Nov-14 19:54:00

There is increasing evidence that many women do ovulate more than once a month and often several days apart. It was assumed for ages this wasn't the case though.

spamanderson Sun 23-Nov-14 20:23:29

Eeeek OP, a line is a line, maybe do another in the morning with FMU! My 2nd dd was an incredibly faint line, she's 5 now smile

Whoknowswhatcouldhappen Sun 23-Nov-14 21:01:28

Hmmm...not that I'm obsessed or anything! But I just took another test, and I think I'm imagining the line tbh....hard to take the photo in the light of my imaginary line...but thought Id upload a pic for opinions....

Whoknowswhatcouldhappen Sun 23-Nov-14 21:04:43

...or not...cant upload on the mobile site sad I click the little paperclip next to the face and I, but it wont work. Oh well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now