Talk

Advanced search

Soy brought back my OV

(25 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Sat 22-Nov-14 05:55:20

Hi everyone,

You might have seen my posts dotted about the threads but thought I'd start a separate one so anyone looking for the same thing could find it.

Bit of background; came off pill in August & no AF or OV since then. Read threads on Soy Isoflavones & thought might as well try before going down costly acupuncture route!

Took 160mg CD74-76 & 200mg CD77 & 78. Got confirmed OV this morning with 3 high temps! (CD87). FF says OV'd Monday (CD81) but was still getting positive OPK on Tuesday & terrible OV pain since Thursday so I'm guessing it was Wednesday.

So pleased my body has kick started itself & we can start TTC. I'm not on my first ever tww grin

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 22-Nov-14 06:12:00

*now

camrywagon Sat 22-Nov-14 06:47:15

It's great isn't it? I'm now on my first 2ww since we started ttc in July. I took provera first to bring on period then soy days 3-7. Ff confirmed ovulation on Wednesday. I'm frigging delighted! Had an ultrasound at about day 50 which confirmed a shit load of cysts but the doctors here in the arse end of nowhere in Australia have been useless in terms of what to do next...thought I'd take matters into my own hands and bought some soy online after reading the positive stories here.

Amazing that it worked for you at the end of such a long cycle. Here's hoping for a symptom filled fortnight followed by a bfp!

KittyVonCatsington Sat 22-Nov-14 06:54:20

Fantastic news!
I really wish the medical profession would conduct some studies/research on Soy Isoflavones and fertility (and not just menopause). It really is potent stuff grin and certainly cheaper than a lot of other treatments.
I hope you get your BFP!

HellKitty Sat 22-Nov-14 07:14:20

Please update about your bfp!
I also took soy when we were trying, my boobs got massive and I got full on ov pain. I could even tell you which side the egg was released! Sadly I'm too ancient now but it was exciting the changes it made to my body. Everything crossed for you!

NewEraNewMindset Sat 22-Nov-14 07:17:52

I think because it's a natural product there is no chance if any money being made so that's why they won't do any research into it.

It did what I wanted it to do too as it happens. I was starting to ovulate earlier and earlier due to age and lowered oestrogen. I took 80mg days 5-9 to support my follicular phase and I ovulated cd13 giving me a 27 day cycle this month (if I'm not pregnant).

Very impressive!

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 22-Nov-14 08:08:49

Thank you everyone for BFP wishes. I'm very excited! I think even if there isn't a BFP at the end of the tww I'll just be relieved it's finally starting to get somewhere.

Camrywagon, I didn't even think to take anything to bring on AF first! Glad you managed to get some shipped to you. I love that it's all natural so I don't have to fling more drugs into my body after stopping the pill for precisely that reason.

Hellkitty, my OV pains were mega on Thursday. Definitely OV'd from the right side. Mild OV pain yesterday & today it's moved a bit more central and simmered to more of a twinge than a stab. Lovely!

NewEra, so pleased it's working for you too!

<3 SOY!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Sat 22-Nov-14 08:11:48

Hey toohard hope you don't mind me hopping on from the other post.

My background is always had v irregular periods - sometimes 90 days plus. Have started acupuncture to regulate cycle and help with stress levels. Had acupuncture day 49, immediately sore boobs and bad back kicked on AF came day 56 (thrilled!) so I couldn't recommend acupuncture enough. And after reading all the threads on here about soy, I couldn't resist so I started cd1 - 100mg, same cd2. Tonight will be 150mg, then 200mg for days 4&5. I haven't ovulated for at least 3 months so here's to hoping with combination of Acu/Soy.

Good luck to you girls who are on 2ww and are waiting for BFP! I'm praying for my first ever 2ww this month. How lovely would a BFP be for Xmas?!

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 22-Nov-14 08:23:26

Hi cantbelieve: I was hoping you'd see this thread smile

From what I've read Soy only knackers up cycles which are already quite good so I would say go for it! I do have an acupuncture session booked in for December to help regulate. Quite looking forward to it.

My BFP/AF due December 6th so will update on that!

Good luck x

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 22-Nov-14 08:24:19

Btw when my username is shortened it looks quite rude, doesn't it? Haha. Might have to change again! grin very apt though!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Sat 22-Nov-14 08:32:30

Hahahaha! Dirty minds but hard not to when your dtd as often as we are haha. My OH has never loved me so much!!

Oh I'm in hook line and sinker anyway! Don't have anything to lose.

Have you had any side effects? I read about awful head aches but nothing so far. Will be waiting for the 6th with fx!

Acupuncture is amazing, I get super stress levels and have never ever had so much peace. You'll enjoy! X

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 22-Nov-14 09:13:55

Had a very dull headache the 2 days before OV & of course the OV pain but other than that, no. I took mine before bed so think that helped a lot.

My partner isn't really a one for DTD all the time so it's been good to get a warning signal so we know when we have to do it (I know, weird!).

A lot of people OV 10 days after last dose but only took 5 for me. You'll have to keep me posted! Could be a week today! shock

NewEraNewMindset Sat 22-Nov-14 09:21:10

I have regular cycles but decided to try it because I am 18 months in now with two MCs and no positive pregnancy test since May ... Oh and nearly 40 too lol. So I don't feel I have too much to lose. As long as you choose a low dose and take it 5-9 or similar it won't fuck up a regular cycle.

If I don't fall pregnant this cycle then I'm going to take 100mg 5-9 next month to see if I can get myself a perfect 28 day cycle.

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Sat 22-Nov-14 09:41:08

I'm taking mine before bed too. Well second session of acupuncture today so looking forward to that. I definitely will!

Haha, my oh wil take the more the better, although last month he did look very tired!

That sounds like a good plan newera and taking it later like that will improve pregnancy and slightly lessen chance of mc. Is this your first cycle of soy?

NewEraNewMindset Sat 22-Nov-14 09:42:20

Yep first cycle of soy and so far I am sold!!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Sat 22-Nov-14 09:50:03

Me too!! And I haven't even come off AF yet haha. I love it already though, just for everyone else's success stories. Shame the uk won't do any medical research into it!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Tue 02-Dec-14 15:22:10

Hi girls,

Just thought I would bump this thread and see how toohard is getting on? I know you'renot due to test yet but I sooooooooo would have by now.

Sorry about the TMI blush but today, according to FF, I am entering my fertile window (CD12) and due to ovulate at the end of this week (according to a 28 day cycle). Well... I have just done a little dance in the works toilet on the discovery of my first ever EWCM!! I know this is TMI anf I know it's gross but I knew you soy lovers would appreciate it!! Haha x

toohardtothinkofaname Wed 03-Dec-14 08:26:36

Hi can't!

I did the same when I found my first ever EWCM, I'd never seen it before and did a little jig in the bathroom haha. Get on DTD!

Unfortunately I had my period last week after a 7 day lp, however it means I get another chance for December & due to OV next week. I've taken my soy from CD5-9 this time to see if it helps the lp, currently on CD7 grin. I think having no AF for 3 months my body had to let it go! Thankfully my periods off the pill are quite light & short with no pain so I'm grateful for that.

What date you testing?

toohardtothinkofaname Wed 03-Dec-14 08:32:15

I love that I've just asked when you're testing & you haven't confirmed DTD yet! Haha

Gotta love TTC!

NewEraNewMindset Wed 03-Dec-14 08:35:51

Ill update too.

So I ovulated on day 13 (one day later than usual) which was great. Unfortunately I then got my period two days earlier than expected so my cycle was only 25 days instead of the 26 days I had had without soy the month before.

Because of this I have decided to leave off soy this cycle and see what I do on my own. Also hoping to see EWCM again as it was distinctly lacking last month.

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 03-Dec-14 08:56:51

Argh!! AF's a bitch isn't she!! But hey toohard - that's a much better cycle than the 76 day er before right? At least you can get started at trying again much sooner than you could before. I think you should definitely be seeing the NY in with a BFP.

NewEra - are you taking anything to help EWCM along? Maybe EPO or cough meds?

Such a love/hate relationship with TTC! I have already planned to test on 18th december as that would be when a regular 28 dayer would be due AF. That's if she hasnt shown her ugly face by then. Well we dtd on Monday night, before the appearance of the EWCM. My OH has got less than perfect sperm count though. On his first count he had only 1.7million per millilitre (total count 5.9mil) and not the best motility. On the second test, he had 10.5million per mililitre (total count 42mil) but were really really good quality (76% motility and 36% morphology). Doc tells me that because he provides a high total count I should class his sperm count as 'normal' - but I just cant get out of the 'he should have 15mil per ml train of thought'. So our plan was dtd every other night this week. Or do you think we should just go hell for leather and go every night?? he wouldnt be complaining haha x

toohardtothinkofaname Wed 03-Dec-14 09:30:45

from what I've read every other day is sufficient, and it gives his swimmers a good chance of replenishing - good luck for the 18th, please come back and post to let me know and fx you have a Christmas morning surprise for your OH - do you think you'd be able to wait until the morning or give it as an early present? :D

Newera, sorry to hear about it shortening your cycle but good luck to seeing what your body can do on its own, I'll certainly be doing that should AF arrive a week after OV again! I've read EPO is great for EWCM but be sure to stop it on the day you OV.

Massive headache this time round off soy, think it's because I'm actually on a cycle now so my usual hormones will be mixing with it.

NewEraNewMindset Wed 03-Dec-14 09:38:31

Thanks girls. I was taking EPO last cycle and had lots of watery cm but no EWCM. I've purchased another supplement that's in it's way to me called FertileCM and it's meant to be good for EWCM and uterine lining to aid implantation. Some of the supplements are so expensive I'll be bankrupt before I'm pregnant!

Good luck, keep us updated xx

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 03-Dec-14 10:46:13

yeah I think I will do that. Haha, toohard - would i be right in guessing that you are an old romantic like me? That's exactly what I had in mind haha. Which makes it even bloody worse if it doesn't happen but he is forever telling me that I need to be positive. I think I could wait til xmas morning.As long as I could just tell someone first - so it'll have to be you guys as he'd kill me if i told anyone IRL!!

Eurgh headache doesnt sound nice. I only had a dull ache in the evenings when I took it.

Still a little bit of ewcm this morning, not as much as I'd like, so glad tonight we can dtd.

Tell me about it newera - Including my acupuncture, I'm way over �600 in already! Fertile CM sounds good if it does exactly what it says on the tin!! x

toohardtothinkofaname Wed 03-Dec-14 20:00:52

I think we might be! I love little thoughtful things & Christmas is an ideal time to share the news-so many ideas!

Fx for us all for some good news! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now