Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

We're pregnant! now what?

(10 Posts)
Runnerd Tue 18-Nov-14 21:55:11

Hi!

According to the amazing clear blue digital thingummy we're 2-3 wks preggo smile I've been taking folic acid for months and I've downloaded WTEWYE on my kindle but what else are we supposed to do?! When do we go to the drs? I feel like I should be doing something...!!

gamerchick Tue 18-Nov-14 21:57:26

Wait for 4 weeks then book in with the midwife.

Congrats.

Congrats Runnerd call your GP surgery and tell them your pg and they should give info on what do to, who to call etc. don't need to wait 4 weeks to do this! I was just over a month pg (1-2 weeks from conception) and called my gp. You will have a booking in appointment and at that they will also arrange your first scan. I wouldn't delay and definitely wouldn't wait for 4 weeks!!

Good luck smile

ohlordyplordy Wed 19-Nov-14 09:57:05

It's different depending where you live.
I called gp expecting I'd need an appt. They just gave me midwife number and said call them, no gp appt needed.
Called midwife and was told call back when 7/8 weeks. No details taken at all!

ohlordy i didn't need to see my GP but i needed to call them so that i could get the correct number for who i did need to call. I had to call the hospital and then they called back the next day to arrange an appointment. I was seen by the midwife at just over 7 weeks and have my scan in 3 weeks.

I appreciate that every area is different, i still would not wait 4 weeks before doing anything.

With my first i was not seen until i was nearly 10 weeks so not sure why i have been seen so early this time; maybe there are not many pg ladies where i live!!

slightlyconfused85 Wed 19-Nov-14 13:02:46

When you're ready see a GP and they will refer you to a midwife for a booking appointment. There's no mega rush as they don't normally see you before 9 weeks. They then make you a referral for a 12 weeks scan and it's all go from there! Congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy

Runnerd Wed 19-Nov-14 19:57:37

Thanks guys! I'll give my Gp a ring then and see what policy is here.

spamanderson Wed 19-Nov-14 21:28:48

With mine I just called the GP, they had me in to do a preg test then booked me in with the midwife. I was about 4 weeks with my first, 5 weeks with my 2nd when I found out and contacted the gp/mw

And congratulations!!

claireyelle Thu 20-Nov-14 08:32:10

Hey Runnerd I am in exactly the same boat as you! I took a clear blue test yesterday which came up 2-3 weeks preg and a very clear positive on a first response test. I'm a bit in shock and I'm not sure what happens next either!

Theorientcalf Thu 20-Nov-14 17:00:27

It depends on your area. I went to the GP who did my referral. Some areas you just phone straight to the midwife.

Don't expect anyone to confirm the pregnancy, GPs generally don't do this anymore as the tests are the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now