Talk

Advanced search

period MIA after mc

(5 Posts)
AllOutOfNaiceHam Tue 18-Nov-14 20:14:54

I had a 2nd at 12 weeks mid September. It was spontaneous, and complete on scan a week after it started.
Two weeks later I bled with big ish clots for about 10 days then abruptly stopped.
Around the 28th of October I had every sign going that I was ovulating. +ve opk, pain on one side, a touch of spotting and masses of amazing ewcm.
But a period never materialised.
Because there is a chance I could have been pregnant I've tested 3 times. Once at what I thought was 14dpo on the 11th, then a couple of days later and again a couple of days ago, all bfn as far as I could tell (though one of the tests had a faint evap line).
I'm assuming I received myself and obviously didn't actually ovulate on the 28th or around it after all.

After previous miscarriages my periods always returned 4 weeks later and regular, I don't like this.

Is there a "normal" amount of time for a period to stay away after? I imagine that if I went to the gp they would just say i need to be patient... :-/

AllOutOfNaiceHam Tue 18-Nov-14 20:15:40

Bugger autocorrect. 2Nd should read mc sad

willitbe Wed 19-Nov-14 13:01:53

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately every miscarriage can be different as I found. It is considered normal for periods not to return for up to 7 weeks.

I hope that you get your bfp or period soon.

AllOutOfNaiceHam Wed 19-Nov-14 13:34:28

Thank you.
It's been almost 10 weeks since the actual mc, if it usually takes up to 7 weeks, maybe the GP won't fob me off after all..

willitbe Fri 21-Nov-14 19:24:28

Hope that the doc sends you to be checked out. Could be a small amount of retained material causing delay in return of periods. Hope you get answer soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now