Talk

Advanced search

Newbie to mumsnet! TTC #2 after 10yrs on the pill

(8 Posts)
booboobeedoo11 Tue 18-Nov-14 16:59:06

Hi..just signed up to mumsnet today after reading loads of threads over the last few weeks (so bear with me if I don't know all the lingo lol). Here's my story in a nutshell, I've just turned 31, have a soon to be 11yr old son (to a previous partner who sadly died 7yrs ago). In a brilliant relationship with my guy who is amazing with my son and treats him like his own. I stopped taking the pill at the end of July and luckily my periods seem to have came back as normal straight away...just wanted to hear some stories of how long its taken you to conceive after such a long time on birth control and at the ripe old age of the 30s! Only really been 3 months for me and not overly trying with dates and stuff but I am getting so broody now as two friends have just had babies and another is 6 months pregnant....its all around me! And I'm the type of person that I know will start being obsessed with ttc (even though I dont want to!). So lets hear your stories ladies!

mrsfazruns Tue 18-Nov-14 17:36:30

Hi booboobedoo11

I'm 31 and on cycle 2 off ttc child number 2 who is 17!! He was totally unplanned as I had him as a teenager so the ttc thing is completely weird for me .... But I'm so so excited! In the same boat as you though ... EVERYONE seems pregnant and I feel like I'm on catch up!

booboobeedoo11 Tue 18-Nov-14 17:47:21

Hi! My first I was actually on the pill so he was totally unplanned lol. I was three days late this month so that has started the obsession already! One of my friends just gave birth this morning so I'm so hyped up and thinking "c'mon..my turn!" lol. My other two friends were ttc for over year so I've been really panicking that I've left it too late! (I know, I know...its only been 3 months and I'm only 31 but all rationale goes out the window when you really want it!)

mrsfazruns Tue 18-Nov-14 18:14:37

Every single bit of rationale has gone out my window! I want it now!!! Lol

I am not due on untill Monday and desperate to know!! Feeling all these little symptoms but convinced I'm being stupid!!

booboobeedoo11 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:43:28

Haha....I was exactly the same, convinced myself I had all the symptoms! Thats whats confusing me too...because I was on the pill with my first and I 3 periods I didn't find out til I was 19wks! So I didnt noticed any early pregnancy symptoms and now I'm noticing every single little change in my body...putting myself thrpigh torture lol.

booboobeedoo11 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:47:00

Ps....hope you get good news next week!!

mrsfazruns Tue 18-Nov-14 20:57:40

Me too .... I Thought it was supposed to be this perfectly wonderful experience .... Peein on a stick constantly and talking sore boobs is not that glam!! lol

Same to you .... Hope all goes well for you too!! X

MitzeeeMoo Thu 20-Nov-14 21:21:53

Hay booboobeedoo11,

I'm also a newbie, just singed up about half hour ago..

I'm 24 yo, fiance is 23 yo. been TTC now for 9 months, came off the Microgynon pill on March, first AF was April.. i'm irregular (grr). Since then no luck. TTC #2 for me, #1 for Fiance. missed AF by 1 day so far, but it has a funny way of showing up unannounced a week or 2 late (last week was a week early) sad so here's hoping i get a lovely Christmas BFP present smile BABYDUST!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now