Talk

Advanced search

11 dpo - should I/should I not?

(17 Posts)
gakay Tue 18-Nov-14 16:22:09

Came off the pill a few months ago and fell pg in the first cycle but sadly mc a few days after BFP. Now 11 dpo in the first cycle post-mc. Desperately fighting against the urge to poas so as not to have to face another disappointment. Help~~

mrsshinn88 Tue 18-Nov-14 16:32:10

I mc on 5th so I know what your going through I think wait even tho I would test but you know too well the disappointment . It's a hard decision keep us posted x

gakay Wed 19-Nov-14 07:47:32

Am sorry to hear you've had a mc as well. Mine was confirmed on the 3rd. Have managed to resist poas so far. Are you going to ttc soon?

crispiecrunchie Wed 19-Nov-14 09:02:38

Also had an early mc after coming off the pill. No luck last cycle and my test malfunctioned today so reckon the universe is telling me to step away from the tests!!

I'd say hold off but I possibly at 5dpo this month so get the temptation.

crispiecrunchie Wed 19-Nov-14 09:02:57

Poas at 5dpo

gakay Wed 19-Nov-14 16:05:19

crispie how did your test malfunction?
After mc was confirmed we bought OPK as OH wants us to try again asap. I got a smiley face on the first day! May be it's fate? Though it might not be accurate as am still in this wtf cycle. I though it was a good sign when I got pg straight after stopping the pill but I was so wrong. So its difficult to know.
I wish I could have a window in my tummy so that I can see what's happening inside all the time.

crispiecrunchie Wed 19-Nov-14 18:38:32

It was a clear blue and came up with a refer to manual symbol not egg timer then result. So waste of test I was saving! Resisted temptation to buy one today.

gakay Thu 20-Nov-14 09:18:02

That's really annoying, crispie
Well done for resisting temptation to buy one. Have also managed to resist temptation to test bit mainly because my OH told me off for obsessing too much about it. Now am getting PMT feeling sad

crispiecrunchie Thu 20-Nov-14 16:00:21

Still resisting!! Just!*! Super annoying as those tests are fifteen quid for two!

dizzylemon Thu 20-Nov-14 16:15:09

I recently brought 30 for £3 off ebay on tests. They're the little cheap strips you dip but I will no longer feel guilty if I need to test! (they may not be fancy but are supposedly just as reliable which is what matters smile )

crispiecrunchie Thu 20-Nov-14 16:48:30

Dizzy I'd be on twenty a day before I knew it!!!!!!

gakay Thu 20-Nov-14 18:04:37

30 for £3 - that's a bargain!
14 dpo now (if OPK is accurate and I did ovulate after surge) - should I test? Am feeling a bit of discomfort in my tummy which could well be PMT. I don't mind so much wasting a stick but don't want to hold my hopes up and then get disappointed. My OH is fed up with my obsession already so can't talk to him.

gakay Thu 20-Nov-14 19:59:36

Shit!
Caved in and poas. Just the control line. Stared at it for a minute. Was so disappointed that as soon as I've binned it I went to get a lager from the fridge. 45 mins later, just thought I'd have another look - there's a line on the test window!!! What does that mean? Is this an evaporation line?

dizzylemon Fri 21-Nov-14 08:29:13

I think if you look at it again post 10 mins, it's an evap line.

Hey, a lot of us have been here too. My go to comfort is cake smile

crispiecrunchie Fri 21-Nov-14 08:41:15

I'm not sure. I have never seen an evaporation line on my negative tests evenafter hours. Also have had positives ttake three or four mins. Only answer is poas again!!
I had a bFn today at 10-12 dpo so looks like I am out! Xmas bfp it is then!

gakay Fri 21-Nov-14 09:02:10

Just did 2 (didn't do the 1st one properly as hadn't read the instructions) and they were both BFP! Am over the moon! But since the last mc and having spent so much time in Dr Google's consulting room am now worried about another mc or chemical pg or something else going wrong.
crispie don't give up hope yet. 12 dpo is still early, you might get a BFP in a few days time. Or you can enjoy xmas, and have the smartest kid in the school year for being a sept baby.

spamanderson Fri 21-Nov-14 09:46:30

Congratulations! I had an early early mc / chem pregnancy before I fell with my 2nd dd and I was so worried it'd be the same again, but I had a perfect pregnancy with her. Just don't do what I did and test every day for weeks to 'make sure'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now